What is the life expectancy of a female spider?

Most of the time we remove spiders from the house and put them outdoors, but there was one last year we let remain. One day when it started to get cold, she disappeared. We assumed she had died, left the web for a few days, then cleaned it up and forgot about it for the most part, but I wondered every so often.... show more Most of the time we remove spiders from the house and put them outdoors, but there was one last year we let remain. One day when it started to get cold, she disappeared. We assumed she had died, left the web for a few days, then cleaned it up and forgot about it for the most part, but I wondered every so often. This was , maybe, last october.

Recently this very large spider appeared overnight in her old spot. What are the odds it's her returned from the attic or something?