Does BEST BUY always squirm out of their extended warranty?

Bought a Toshiba HDTV in 2003 along with a warranty. Immediately I noticed a discoloration expanding from the corner. I called about a month later and had a tv tech guy visit. He took the screen off the (2 pieces) and he noticed a film build up that was spreading. Anyway he said it would $400 to replace. ... show more Bought a Toshiba HDTV in 2003 along with a warranty. Immediately I noticed a discoloration expanding from the corner. I called about a month later and had a tv tech guy visit. He took the screen off the (2 pieces) and he noticed a film build up that was spreading. Anyway he said it would $400 to replace. BESTBUY denied it because they said I caused it. I tried to obtain a pro-rated refund, but, they denied that too since I did not have the little BESTBUY folder they put the receipts in. Never mind that I had the receipt proving the purchase of the extended warranty. I've logged complaints with the Ohio Attorney General and BBB and all I got was a coupon. have not shopped at BESTBUY in over 4 years. the BEST scam warranty you can BUY.
12 answers 12