Is it greedy and self-indulgent to ask for lots of answers and stars?

Or do you consider it socially acceptable behaviour?

Favorite Answer

its yahoo.. anything goes

Amen to that..

Socially acceptable? Well its just a question..but I don't really see point of stars or lots of answers although I never did read what they are for...but yeah I don't care either way I always give em out and hope they get what they want , its not greedy cuz its not like they actually get anything..why would you deprive them a star? u just click a button...we're here to have fun are we not? Well I never ask for lots of answers or stars but I'm just saying .. to me..its just fine. Pointless. But still fine.

What are your views and why?

You hit the nail on the head... If people want stars for their questions, they have to impress me... Some people have tied up there own sense of self worth with how many stars they can get... And then they go and show their insecurities by asking for stars...

Source(s): Asking for stars is tacky...

A little indulgence now & again is good for the soul, my pet hate is when they ask you to star, there plenty of times i would but because they asked i dont.

Well that's my moan for the day sorry & thank's for that.

not greedy or self indulgent but a little bit sad as its on the internet and you see some people putting their whole heart and soul into yahoo answers.

Well, since the basic urge of life is survival and survival is intrinsically selfish ... we all inherit, have and pass on the selfish gene.

This may manifest itself in choosing our own survival over that of another person when faced with certain death or in pursuit of wealth in order to give ourselves and family a better lifestyle .... or simply asking for stars and it's such fun.

• Yes, but I don't know that I'd call it greedy. Just self-indulgent. It seems pointless.

Source(s): Just my opinion! :)

well, since this is technically a game and just for fun, i dont take it much of anything on here seriously. its acceptable, but it does amke them look desperate. i dont care if they ask. either way, i'll only give one if the person deserves it.

it's pathetic. here's one from me *star* .

edit. but not as pathetic as dallas cowboy. (gawd the ringing in my ears.whinewhinewhine.)

edit2. stop being such a pointslut ,wooley.

edit3 .omg what a whiny bunch of whoowhoobabies. i swear , when i ever get my unlimited points , i'm gonna go star all of you, just so you'll shut up.

Source(s): my freakin migraine, now...
  • Answers no; stars definitely yes!

No way ! it is just the same as me answering all these questions to get points - harmless entertainment!