MUSLIMS: Do you agree/disagree with chocolate advent calendars for kids in Ramadhan??

[Advent Calendar: you open the cardboard window on the calendar where you'll find a small chocolate treat behind; one for each day leading up to the day of Eid ul Fitr. This imitates the Christmas Advent Calendars that count from 1st to 25th December]... show more [Advent Calendar: you open the cardboard window on the calendar where you'll find a small chocolate treat behind; one for each day leading up to the day of Eid ul Fitr. This imitates the Christmas Advent Calendars that count from 1st to 25th December]
Isn't this considered Bida' (innovation)?
He (sall'Allahu alayhi wasalam) said, "I admonish you to fear Allah, to listen and obey even if an Abyssinian slave is appointed as your leader. Because whosoever among you shall live after me, will see much discord. So hold fast to my Sunnah and the examples of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs who will come after me. Adhere to them and hold to it fast. Beware of new things (in Deen) because every Bid`ah is a misguidance; and every misgudance is in the Fire".
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].
Update: To Brother "KHALID E": You are correct. Bid'a does only occur in matters of religion. But wouldn't you agree that the way you celebrate Ramadhan and Eid is part of the religion?? Was it ever stated that the Prophet (sall'Allahu alayhi wasalam) or his companions (radi'Allahu anhum) ever... show more To Brother "KHALID E": You are correct. Bid'a does only occur in matters of religion. But wouldn't you agree that the way you celebrate Ramadhan and Eid is part of the religion?? Was it ever stated that the Prophet (sall'Allahu alayhi wasalam) or his companions (radi'Allahu anhum) ever celebrated in this way. The answer is no. So if it is not established in the Sunnah then we have no need of it, and more importantly, we have no need to imitate the ways of the Kuffar to please Allah, subhanu wa ta'ala. The best way to please Allah is to stick to the Sunnah and the way of the Salaf-us Saliheen (the righteous predecessors)

"And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment."
(Al-Hashr, Chapter59, Verse7)
8 answers 8