ChR!S asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

what's a dancer's belt?

i know its like a thong for men, but why? is it really necessary? and why only men? what do girls wear under tights? or under leotards? do they have like lady belts?

Favorite Answer

A dancer's belt is one of the most uncomfortable pieces of clothing you will ever have the misfortune to wear; however, you can get used to it ... a little. It is an undergarment for men designed to give you a lot of support "down there" and also designed to smooth everything out. It gets your "family jewels" out of the way so that you can move your legs to the fullest extension that you need. It used to look like a pair of underwear that you put on backwards with the large panel in front and the small panel behind. This was very uncomfirtable because you felt like you were giving yourself a "wedgie" the entire time. Now, the back panel has been modified to be a thong and, believe it or not, it's more comfortable. It is necessary for men (danseurs) and not for women for obvious reasons.

Source(s): I was a proffessional dancer in ballets, theme parks, and summer stock

It IS a thong for guys.

You wear them because if you wore regular underwear while doing certain moves, you would face extreme discomfort...and visually distract the audience(at last you could).

Girls don't wear them because we don't face this problem. The dancer's belt actually lifts the *ahem* away from the males legs.

I guess girls could have something similar but I haven't had to wear one yet.

Hope I helped.

P.S. sorry if you think that response was immature...geez I'm only 12.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what's a dancer's belt?

Source(s): 39 dancer 39 belt: https://shortly.im/pMALg

What Is A Dance Belt

Trust me. You don't want your partner's foot in a step arabesque or a knee in a assisted piourette rendering you in unspeakable pain.

Source(s): soloist (Houston Ballet)

woman dont wear them we where nothing under r tights