Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

"Electronic media has suitably replaced the print media." -- justtify your answers with reasons?

• LK
    Favorite Answer

Suggest you check the print media at the library as well as Yahoo!Answers...

Books are still a big deal at my place. I find them to be irreplaceable.

But I'm sitting here at the computer, too, so electronic media is doing something for me...I enjoy looking at the latest news on it, since it is so up-to-the-minute [however it only gives news in "sound bytes," or little tiny paragraphs, unless you subscribe to an online newspaper and can read more...], and I watch Netflix now and then.

Still, just for you...don't let the electric media circus fill your entire mind. Leave a nice big section for the print media, it is so worth it. There are many books you won't even find on any 'puter, and that's not counting petitions, voting ballots, letters (snail mail can be quite romantic; and it LASTS), information on the back of food and drink you buy at the store, rental agreements, loan agreements...you really have to know how to read, and read well, to get through life without missing half of it.

Good luck!

"electronic media?" that would include just about every little blog and website related to news. In anycase, no. I don't think so. People still go to the big media giants for their news, mainly because they have a long history of credibility. If some disaster occurs I would want to go to well known sources like Time mag, Wallstreet Journal, the New York Times etc... Another reason is that everything you see online comes from print. So regardless of how you see it, the print industry will be around, at least until we all own computers and decide paper is taboo. I do think the only change occurring is the maount of information you have access to, this is why online will be your source to getting stories quick, and anything related to whatever it is your reading about. Print will just become muhc more in depth, with long stories explaining more.

I agree with the person above me.... you have to decide whether you think this statement is correct or not before you can formulate an argument.. There is considerable evidence for both sides. Factors that affect this include: audience age and niche topic of the publication; speed/frequency with which information must be updated; audience's level of comfort/access to electronic tools (computer, cellphone, GPS, etc).

Well, has it? First take a position on this statement--do you agree or disagree with this thesis?

Then, once you have chosen your position, defend your answer with three reasons. Some teachers will settle for less than three reasons, some will want more, but 3 is a good start.

BC our elect. medias main work related to new print technology and it replace in to print media