Why are my lips always dry/chapped/cracked when im always putting vaseline on!?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
  • zina answered 7 years ago
Maybe you are dehydrated. Try drinking some water
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (16)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • R P answered 7 years ago
    Are you taking medication for acne at the moment by any chance? Accutane causes this kind of thing and NO amount of anything is going to stop your lips from going dry if this is the case.

But, if you are taking it, it's never prescribed for long (because it is so harsh).

RP
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • itchybubbles answered 7 years ago
    First off, you have to get rid of all the dead skin on your lips. Before applying any sort of lipstick or lip gloss, *exfoliate* your lips. In the morning, after washing your face(gets your lips wet), rub your fingers gently on your lips. You will get all the dead skin out. Then put on lip gloss right away. This works! The best lip gloss that I find works really well is Burt's Bees. All the other ones I find really sticky, and gooey.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Bonita answered 7 years ago
    That means that vaseline does not work for you.You should try a homemade scrub for the lips.Mix sugar and olive oil and then use the paste to scrub your lips,you can do that anytime you feel like you have dry lips.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • * яabii [нєaятz] вrowи * answered 7 years ago
    Try "Lobello" by Nivea.... -Hydro Care- to be exact!
    Its an amzing chap stick! It gives your lips a soft touch!
    I have it with me everywhere i go =]

Oooo and its totally cheap! I got mine for 2$ ! =D
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • sweet answered 7 years ago
    b/c vaseline has drying agents in it and also can cause clogged pores :( try soft lips or satin lips by mary kay

Source(s):

sct
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • LSR answered 7 years ago
    It actually stops your lips from producing their own moisturizer and they become too dependent on the Vaseline and they can lose their colour.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Hallie E answered 7 years ago
    I have the same problem! I recommend a couple things- first, get C.O. Bigelow's lip scrub. You can use to exfoliate your lips, getting rid of dead skin and flakiness; the essential oils it contains will also soften them. Then, get yourself a jar of Kiehl's lip balm #1! It's my miracle product- no other stuff, be cheap, expensive, whatever, works as good as this- keep my lips smooth and flake-free.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • mackenzie k answered 7 years ago
    all of my six aunts say that if u put on some kind of chap stick ur lips start to absorb it and then they crave it more.so what i do is put on lots of chapstick right before i go to bed and then like halfway through the day if need i put some more on. o and dont ever lick ur lips trust me i just causes problems.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • megs answered 7 years ago
    vaseline is not good for chapped lips- even though alot of people think so. If you keep using the vaseline, your lips get used to it and will continually be dry and need more and more. Stop using it and by a lip exfoliater and then use blistax every other day. That will stop the nasty cycle of chapped lips.

Bath and Body Works has a great lip exfoliater as well as The Body Shop!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Mama08 answered 7 years ago
    Vaseline must not work for you. Try getting some MAC lip gloss, It is really thick. It may cost about $11, but is well worth it. It will last all day and will maintain its shine. You can get this from Boston Store, Maceys, Marshallfields, Or Carstens.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • 2sweet answered 7 years ago
    you maybe have dry lips
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Desi. answered 7 years ago
    Try carmex, or chap stick instead.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ZachZachZach answered 7 years ago
    You use this Aquaphor Healing Ointment.
    Advanced Healing for
    Dry, Cracked, or Irritated Skin.
    Works Wonders :) believe me. I use it on everything.
    Lips, arms, knees, albows, peeling from sunburns, feet, hands, i used it for almost every part on body.

Source(s):

Skin doctor gave it to me.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • elite answered 7 years ago
    I use carmex. It works best for chapped lips and you don't even have to use it every day ;). You can purchase it @ any drug store.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ♥ Sarah K ♥ answered 7 years ago
    vaseline actually dries out your lips, you need to try something that doesn't have petroleum in it
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Veghead Tina answered 7 years ago
    I know exactly where your coming from!
    I have the same problem, but i got rid of it, before you got to bed, try puting on mosturizing scentless cream on and above your lips, rub it in, then quickly smother it in vasaline. do it in the morning too.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock