Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What are your thoughts on Classical Music?

I Know a serious question. But I can use this as research.

Best Answer

I had it playing when my son was a baby under his crib at night. Now he is a genius kid. I think there is merit to what they say about listening to it as a baby or when studying at home, helping your brain...

My parents deprived me obviously...

I think classical music is absolutely beautiful. Although I'll admit I'm probably into the more modern classical composers such as Hans Zimmer and John Williams.

I like it. Classical music is REAL music. In my band class my teacher always had us listen to classical and baroque music, as well as those other types that I forgot, and I liked it. He tried to get us to understand it and listen for patterns and stuff, and I just couldn't get that part of it. I was really trying, but I just wasn't good with it because it was harder to understand than the regular rock music with some singing and riffs, a chorus, more singing, and a bridge and stuff. But classical music is GOOD STUFF!

I grew up playing the piano, so i definitly can appreciate classical music. I don't throw in a CD when i get home or anything, but its definitely beautiful.

I love playing Moonlight Sonata

I think there's some that i can listen to, they say it's good brain food.

When my old roommate in college found that out we'd put in on while doing our homework to help our brain concentrate. Doesn't matter that the only "classical music" we had was on the Nutcracker Soundtrack.

Chopin turns me on and The Flight of the Bumble Bee is a huge challenge for me on my piano. Someday I will play it well. Classical music can't be lumped into one pile.

i think that classical music can be very relaxing. Sometimes if its that fast loud kind of happy classical music i'll get up and dance around the house. i look retarded but it relaxes me and i have fun.

I appreciate all forms of music.

Without a base knowledge of Classical. no one can do well in Music.

I love it, especially when it's the depressing kind. Not the happy merry-go round kind. It's gotta have depressing notes played by cellos, violins, violas, harps, piano...Oh, and when it's mixed w/metal like Dimmu Borgir it sounds more awesome!

An emphasis on grace and beauty of melody and form; proportion and balance, moderation and control; polished and elegant in character with expressiveness and formal structure held in perfect balance.