What happens when u dont sleep for long periods of time?

I dunno what is up with my boyfriend but he has been up for 36 hours straight. He does this a lot.....and I would not think that it would be very good for his body. Me and him both do not eat the most healthy either so on top of not sleeping and not eating very well I am worried something bad will happen to him.... show more I dunno what is up with my boyfriend but he has been up for 36 hours straight. He does this a lot.....and I would not think that it would be very good for his body. Me and him both do not eat the most healthy either so on top of not sleeping and not eating very well I am worried something bad will happen to him. He is 25 years old. He pretty much just stays up all day and nite on the internet, playing xbox, making music (he has a studio in our house) and just whatever.
Update: and no i do not think he is smoking crystal meth....but i can see how someone might think that lol but no he is not on drugs he just stays up all the time....and then he finally crashes and sleeps all the time after a while