should i play football?

Should i play football im 5 9 1/2 i weigh 128 lbs . I ve been thinkin about doing it for a while but i think i wont be good enough to play and that ill be on the bench my friends really want me to join. i work out every other day what should i do to get better at it and what position should i play i would rather play a defensive position but i think im to small what do you think .

Favorite Answer

hey kid play football you can make a lot of friends and i know its a cliche but it WILL make a man outta you. since this is your first year you might not see any playing time but at practice light up everything moving and i bet you get the attention of your coaches. take it from me coaches love to see guys who are not playing in games knock starters on their ***. and what ever happens never quit during a play. good luck

Source(s): 3 year starter FB
  • dCon

If you are asking people on the internet if you should play football or not, then no you shouldnt. Same goes for those who give their height and weight and ask what position they should play. When i was playing, i did not take a citywide poll to see what position i should play.

i played football in highschool and trying out for the minors in 08 im 5'8 215 ill lose my weight and go down to 195 i played db and safety still a beast on the field if you got the passion the drive and the respect for the legends in football go for it. with your weight its a little light get it to about 180. also bob sanders colts 5'8safety sheldon brown maybe 5'8 to 5'10corner but still a beast on the field dude go for it

Yea, sure give it a try. Firstly, find a good coach for you and start practicing. Your skills and hard work will let you selected in the local football team.

Good luck!

I don't really know much about ' Football ' ( I'm English lol ) But have play with some of your mates then if you still wanna play go down to a training session and just do one of them and if you enjoy it. it doesn't matter if your rubbish thou being good sure makes it fun

you could get away with any D postion at 5 9

i think u shud you can play wide receiver or d back

quit life

sure, give it a try..... you might like it