Help!!! Yeast infections are ruining my life... well not really but they are annoying!!!?

I get a yeast infection every month about a week after my period and its getting annoying. ever since i started birth control pills. my doc suggested changing my BC method so now i have the iud but low and behold i got another one this month i tried the monostat and it didnt work. every month my doc keeps giving me the diflucan pill and it works but they keep returning. i go to a free clinic and they dont seem to concerned and havent done any testing but its getting bad my body cant keep doing this if any one had the same problem and has any suggestions please help.

by the way i dont douche, i wash my panties in hot water, i eat plenty of dairy products (my doc suggested) and im married and dont have an std i've been tested many times. please dont reccommend herbal remedies because my mother a RN assured me they dont work.

Favorite Answer

Yeast infection can be caused by a number of things, like:

Antibiotics; the antibiotic kills the unwanted bacteria in your sinuses, but can also kill the "good" bacteria in your vagina, upsetting the balance of your vaginal ecosystem, allowing the yeast to take over. (Antibacterial deodorant soap can have the same effect.)

Clothing: vaginal yeasties flourish in non-cotton, tight, or dirty clothes that trap heat and moisture.

Condoms can promote yeast infections in two different ways. First, a lot of condoms come packaged with a lubricant that contains nonoxynol-9. Several recent studies have shown that nonoxynol-9 is linked to yeast infections. Condoms can also cause yeast infections if you are allergic to latex, although this is less common. if this is the case, don't give up hope on practicing safer sex.

Hormones, both naturally-occurring and artificially introduced, can affect yeast.

Like your doctor suggested, eat diary products (i find yoghurt more effective) twice to three times daily. It also works when applied topically. Insert some into the vagina using a finger or plastic tampon applicator. Use only plain yogurt with active cultures.

Decrease or eliminate sugar and sugary foods. Sugar promotes yeast growth.

Garlic is a natural antibiotic and antifungal. You can consume garlic in food or take it in pill.

Honey is probably the most sticky and uncomfortable way of curing vaginal yeast infection, but it is said to work wonders. Take half a cup of honey into the bathroom. Pour a liberal amount of honey on all affected portions, while sitting on the toilet seat. Be seated this way for about 20 minutes. After this you can have a bath with warm water. Dry the vaginal area thoroughly using super absorbent paper. You will feel much better. Do this twice a day, morning and just before going to bed at night.

Dry vaginal area throughly after showering or swimming. A moist environment encourages the growth of yeast. Avoid wearing tight clothing such as tight jeans, nylon panties, pantyhose, or clothing made of synthetic materials such as polyester. A tight, moist environment encourages the growth of yeast.

Wipe yourself after urinating or a bowel movement from front to back. This helps to avoid possible transfer of yeast from the rectum to the vagina. Avoid use of feminine hygiene products such as feminine sprays and bubble baths. These products can be irritating to the vagina.

Use unscented pads and tampons during your menstrual period.

I hope i'v been of any help. Good luck!

2

Source(s): Yeast Infection Home Remedy - http://YeastCure.trustdd.com/?zDPI

Yeast infections are a real neusance if you get a really bad discharge. But they can occure after the cycle. Blood that stays in the vaginal area after the cycle provides food for the yeast to grow. Please do no douche, douching only kills the good bacteria and allows everything else to grow, including the yeast and bacteria. Eating yogurt will work but you need to make sure that it has to have the live culture, we found Dannon plain white yogurt works best. You can apply it inside and outside as well. You can also try to find the Lactobasilus pills at the store. Good Luck

It may not be your birth control pills or IUD. You can get yeast infections from anything. When you shower, don't use fragrant soaps down there, and make sure you wear cotton underwear and not silk (silk holds in moisture). Also, if you changed your laundry detergent recently, that could be a cause. Think about any changes you've made (new undies, different soap, etc.) and maybe change back.

PS- Eat a yogurt every morning when you wake up. This helps prevent yeast infection (the live cultures of bacteria in the yogurt eat excess yeast). This cannot cure them, just help prevent them.

Ask your mother how many courses she took as an RN in herbal medicine. She'll tell you none. Now, go online and start researching herbal medicinals (try Medline or PubMed). Guess what...there have been literally hundreds of strong research studies performed on herbal medicines and low and behold...they work in phenomenal ways. Some herbs actually have very distinct actions in the body to boost the immune system - maitake, shiitake, reishi mushrooms, echinacea (I know the lead researcher in the echinacea studies personally) and astragalus just to name a few.

Do your own research then chart your own path. RN's (and btw I grew up with my mom's 2 best friends being RN's, my sister-in-law is an RN, her mother was an RN, my grandmother was an RN) don't get training in herbal medicine and don't have the time to keep up with the latest research.

Also, try reading material written by Dr. Andrew Weil or check out his website. Not only is he a western trained doctor, but he also holds a degree in botanical medicine. Time to educate yourself...then try those herbal meds.

You said that you eat allot of dairy. You are supposed to eat yogurt. Try having two yogurts a day beginning on the last day of your period since you said it comes 7 days later. Do this for 7 days for the first month. If that works, next month try 6 days, if that works, next month try 5 days, etc until you find the minimum amount that works for you. We are all different! Hormonal changes and sugar are culprits for yeast infections. Some women eat allot of sugar due to cravings due to their hormones changing. Heat is another culprit. I don't know if you are using a tampon or a pad, but if it is best to use a tampon with a light pad, it is important to use a pad that is breathable like Always and to change them several times a day. Hope this helps.

Don't eat just any dairy products, but eat yogurt especially. Yogurt contains "good" bacteria that help you body. Also, take Vit C every day, how ever much the bottle says to take.

I've never suffered with a yeast infection (knock on wood) but my mom gets them all the time. She especially gets them when she's on an antibiotic. The antibiotic kills all bacteria, good and bad, leaving room for yeast to grow. She takes Vit C everyday and it helps.

Yeast also can flourish if a girl's blood sugar is high. Have you ever been checked for high blood sugar or diabetes?

Many girls find that yeast infections tend to show up right before they get their periods because of the hormonal changes that come with the menstrual cycle. Clothing (especially underwear) that is too tight or made of materials like nylon that trap heat and moisture might lead to yeast infections because yeast can thrive in this type of environment. And douching and using scented sanitary products can upset the healthy balance of bacteria in the vagina and make yeast infections more likely.

What you wear — or don't wear — can help you avoid a yeast infection. Yeast grows best in a warm, moist environment: think wet bathing suits, tight jeans, and stretchy exercise gear. Nylon underwear, pantyhose, and other synthetic materials that trap moisture also make yeast infections more likely.

Some girls may react to certain dyes or perfumes in soaps, bath gels or lotions, sanitary products, and laundry detergents. When the reaction causes irritation, that can set the stage for a yeast infection. Your best bet is to steer clear of perfumed products and to use mild and fragrance-free products when possible.

To help keep your vaginal area dry, try switching to all-cotton underwear and make sure you carefully dry off after you shower. If you can, wear cotton underwear to bed or don't wear any, and always wash and thoroughly dry your underwear before wearing them. Don't lounge around in a wet bathing suit and avoid jeans or pantyhose that are too tight.

What should I do if I get repeat yeast infections?

Call your doctor. About five percent of women develop four or more vaginal yeast infections in one year. This is called recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis (RVVC). RVVC is more common in women with diabetes or weakened immune systems. Doctors normally treat this problem with antifungal medicine for up to six months.

Hope this helps. If not, you might want to see a gynacologist if you aren't. They may be more help.

Try Yeast Infection No More : http://YeastCured.com

ok, what about tampon use? like i know i am going against all the rules, but on the last 2 days of my period, its REALLY light, and sometimes i just forget about changing the tampon and i might go like 12+ hours. and when i do that, then a few days later i usually get a yeast infection.

make sure you're completely dry before getting dressed, cotton panties work best. and dairy alone isnt going to help, you need active cultures found in yogurt. also, make sure your husbands hands are clean before you fool around. sometimes its them thats making it worse!!

also, you might want to have your husband tested for it. he might be the carrier and just keeps transfering it back to you, that time of the month you are much more succeptable to stuff.

years ago my wife was having that problem

I read a stack of books, and here what to try

Ok to use the pills for a few days to get rid of symtoms.

Then destress your life any way you can.

Get yogurt that has acidophilus cultures, Stonyfield is good. Make sure they have live cultures, Eat that and an otherwise heathy diet. Some women put yogurt in there even I have heard.

Source(s): read some books, good luck, after a doc told her she had to just live with it, she was able to get rid of them mostly for a decade or so