jace asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

4th overall pick. Touchdown based league, little points for yards. Who should I take?

passing TD's = 4 points,

rushing and receiving TD's = 6 points

passing yards = 1 point for every 75 yards, after 300 it's 1pt/25yds

rushing recieving yards = 1 pt for every 25 yards all the way

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Reggie Bush because he will catch make many receptions and he will be a dominant rusher.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

that's heavy value for TD's .. to start the pick MUST be a RB.

MUST be a RB with no goal-line vultures behind him. also must still be on the board by pick #4.

this rules out LT and steven jackson instantaneously.

shaun alexander may be the first instinct here, DON"T make this mistake. he's no longer the TD machine he was 2 years ago. the reasons are 1) an inferior offensive line compared to past couple seasons and 2) injury to his foot - they will keep him fresh as can be to avoid losing him like last season. this means pulling him out at the goal line in favor of mack strong or maurice "mercury" morris.

larry johnson is certainly a candidate, as is frank gore and joseph addai. however, in this situation, addai may be the way to go here ..

the reason i would choose addai is because of the high scoring indy offense. they may move tdown the field a lot in the air, but addai will get the receiving and rushing td's out of the backfield plus their D is hurting so bad right now. theyve lost 2 CB's and both of their defensive tackles and some linebackers. thats like, everyone except for dwight freeny. plan on indy's offense to be on the field most of the time and getting a lot of garbage points.

**note that in other leagues i would not select addai until a couple picks later

****also, don't be ridiculous and take bush. remember that they will be using deuce (he's one of the highest paid RB's in the league so they WILL use him). deuce is bigger and a better up the gut runner. he was a stud at one point and still has juice left. bush hasn't been able to break the big one yet in the NFL. ncaa is a completely different level of play. anyone that suggest's you take reggie bush in the first round is giving you awful advice UNLESS your league rewards heavily for receptions (not TD)

Source(s): <<^^ look it, i'm the guru
  • 1 decade ago

LJ, he will sign by end of preseason and he will play. LJ is asking for alot of money. KC wont let him go, and Priest wanting the starting job is like letting Ryan Leaf be QB of the Colts. Priest was good, but he 33 and He hasnt stepped on a field for a couple years. KC passing game is horrible but Gonzalaz will get some good receptions and numbers because Huard will throw to him alot. LJ will get alot more touches, injury is a possibility but I think he woint since he's so big and strong, LJ gets more touches and more goal line touches

But Yards dont matter and TD's do so go look at some top 10 RB spots and look for wh really gets those TD's

• 1 decade ago

S. Alexander is a good pick to have a rebound season and score 16-20 TD's

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LT and Steven Jax definitely gone, LJ may slip due to hold out so he's your man, if not then Addai figures to find the end zone a lot with the Colts

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bush

• 1 decade ago

Well with that selection, jaskon and tomlinson will definitely be gone. i would go with joseph addai, because he will be indy's man rb and with there offense their bound to score td's so addai would be my pic. good luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.