If I won the Super Lotto Jackpot (CA) by driving to the store without a license, am I still entitled to it?

I want to know if I am still able to collect my winnings from a SUper Lotto Jackpot if I wont it... even if later it was found out I got my winning ticket by driving to the store with a suspended license. Would that be a problem for me? Or is that just heresy, or do you think the State would try and sue me? What do you think?

Favorite Answer

There is a current case of a woman who did win the lotto by using a invalid credit card. She used the credit card of a person who was deceased. So the problem is that while she won the lotto she did not pay for her lotto ticket. She in effect stole it. In this case she was denied her winnings. There is a direct relation between her crime and the ticket.

Your example is different. While you arguably purchase the ticket as the result of a crime you did not purchase the ticket while in the commission of a crime. You have to leave the car to buy the ticket so when you purchase it you are not committing a crime. The two things are not closely enough related to make a good case that you should be denied your winnings.

I hope this helps.

There's no connection from driving to winning lotto, (at least not in NY). Pay the penalty for the ticket and enjoy your millions.

My fee for consultation is 1/2.

• Irv S

You refer to the recent case where the ticket was purchased with a stolen credit card???

Different scene.

There, the payment was by a theft so not valid.

The State had to return the money,

the State gets the ticket back.

You could be prosecuted for the driving offense,

if anybody found out about it, but that ticket is yours.

I think only a moron would risk driving on a suspended license just to buy a lotto card.

Yes, relax and take a deep or two. Secondly, they only pay out superfical wins. They would then provide you with info. towards the officals to verify your winnings. How you arrived there is mere conjecture. Then you could buy a few compacts to perform loopties or two, for an encore. The rest is pure relaxation.

They can't sue you for driving with a suspended license they'll probably just give you a ticket. Congrats how much did you win???

Yes, you would have to pay a fine for driving without a license but you are still due your winnings.

Driving there under suspension has nothing to do with the winning ticket. Of course you keep the money.

Like I always said Charity would make out when I win the lotto and hey you cannot take it with you! :)

• ladyoh

Win first will answer when you hit the lotto