Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

a question for muslims?

what do you do when you're in salat and then you fart...do you just get up and leave, make wudoo, and pray the rest? What if you're an imam and you fart, then what?

Favorite Answer

In a single prayer you must end the prayers, go to Wudu and come back to pray...

In Jama'a Prayer, if you were an Imam you Must say: "The first behind me come forward, I'm Bleeding - ill - Will faint" (Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal - Al Musnad) This is to avoid embaressment.. Because if the Imam's prayer is null "in a view" all the poeple's prayer behind him is null... (Abu Hanifa)

If you were praying among Jam'a, Islam gives you the facility to complete praying to avoid embarresment, then after the Jama'a is over, do wudoo and pray again. (Majority of Scholars).

Any discharge of the body from your private parts, including gas, will terminate your salaat immediately and you have to sallim, go perform wudu and redo the salaat all over again. No big deal. It is better to avoid the situation altogether, and always perform the necessary "natural" processes first, to prevent putting yourself in this position in the first place. You have to do that before you perform wudu, of course.

In the case of the imam, I'm not sure, but I would agree with the answers after me that the Iman has to pass it on to someone else and leave, to avoild nullifying everyone else's salaat.

Because salaat is yusr and not 3usr, if you forget to perform a required action, like forget to do a raka3a, or make a mistake during tashahud...etc, you can peform some extra sujuuds in the end before you terminate your salaat completely, and your salaat is revalidate once more. Please read more about how to perform this "nisyan" portion of the salaat.

Hehe, one time it happened to me 2 or 3 times in a row, and yeah I just get up leave, go make wudu then come back and pray again,

I heard that if it is the Imam he should leave and make the person beside him lead,

• If anyone fart during Salat then he/she should leave the Salat if he/she is not praying in Congregation (Jamaat), but if an aalime does this then he should say this that again offer that Salat.

Answer from;

Khi, Pakistan.

Source(s): Research & observations, Certainly Holy Quran & Sahee Hadith, Books Authored & Verbatim Scripts of Dr. Zakir Naik's Lectures and Debates www.irf.net , www.peacetv.in, Books Authored by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat www.ahmed-deedat.co.za, Israr Ahmed etc.

funny lolz no sorry bout that

well i have to admit it must be very embarassing when you'r an imam, but try to control it

sorry for the rudeness

• Lol I was crying just now but you made me laugh, thanks!!

Should that happen, it is best just to make wudu again and continue with the prayer.

• that happend to me be4 n i didnt no wat to do either lol