Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 1 decade ago

Where on land in Miami is the Bermuda Triangle?

Yes, I know some people think is a myth and some people don't. I have my own opinion. I just got done watching a show on the travel channel about the Bermuda Triangle. It showed a map that went over Miami-not to the edge.

I notice it is mostly ships and planes. I was wandering since the triangle may go over land. Has any cars or people disappeared on land in Miami? That may be attributed to the triangle.

I would like a map that shown in detail, where in Miami does the triangle start.

Myself, I think it may have something to do with are government. Some top secret technology. That we are not ready to know about.

Sorry, if wrong category

• Doc E
    Favorite Answer

The Bermuda triangle extends from Miami northeast to Bermuda and Southeast to San Juan Puerto Rico. A good portion of the Bahamas is inside this area. I have never hear any stories of people walking along the street vanishing and it being attributed to the Bermuda Triangle myth/phenomenon. All stories that I know of relate to ships and planes over the open ocean inside this area. If the show you saw had part of the city of Miami included, it was likely an inexact map. Since it is beleived by most to be a myth, there is no exact map for the exact location of the corners of the triangle. Check out the links for another map and some more info.

There isn't really any specific spot where the triangle ends at the moment...it is still considered just a myth, so no one has made too much of an effort to say an exact latitude or longitude...the most descriptive you'll get is Miami, however, the triangle is classified as a marine problem area, there is no part of the triangle over any land in Florida besides maybe some of the barrier islands, and that is iffy as there is no specific location for its start...

I could bet the government might be hiding something...they are too stupid to do that themselves (after all, it is run by Bush), but I do think they could be hiding something...

The boundaries of the Triangle vary with the author; some stating its shape is akin to a trapezium covering the Straits of Florida, the Bahamas, and the entire Caribbean island area east to the Azores; others add to it the Gulf of Mexico. The more familiar, triangular boundary in most written works has as its points Miami, Florida; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and the mid-Atlantic island of Bermuda, with most of the accidents concentrated along the southern boundary around the Bahamas and the Florida Straits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Bertriangle.jpg

http://www.bermudaisland.net/INTRODUCTION/images/T...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thum...

as far as I knew it was closer to cuba