Question about African American origins in West Afirca?

So a majority of the Black American slaves cam from West Africa right? I know of the countries that line the coast of West Africa and thus are most likley to be the points of origin for the slaves. But does anyone know the particular tribes that were prevalent or most likely to be dominant in these areas during the time? Im trying to get a general idea of what tribes and peoples the Black American slaves that were captured along and around the West African coastal countries originated from.

• $0.02
    Best Answer

Fante , Hausa, Fulani, Mende Wolof, Mandingo, Temne

Mende ...

I'll be right back with a link.

impact - thanks, brah! that point generally gets left out of the discussion.

Theres a general misunderstanding that we "forgot" what African countries we came from. The truth is West African countries didnt exist when we left..Europeans for the most part carved up West Africa after we got to America.

I know alot are from modern day Liberia and Nigeria.Oprah is supposably from Liberia. But I couldnt tell you about any tribes.

i think of a lot of human beings on listed right here are ignorant and close minded while it includes names. purely with the aid of fact a recognition isn't straightforward and the guy with the 'uncommon' call is black they assume that is ghetto, lowclass and made up. those human beings under no circumstances say something approximately names from Asia or the middle east yet while it includes black human beings they circulate on a frenzy of OMG HER call IS JAMIQUALISH LOL LOL Hahaha soooooo humorous. And so what if it became into? Why do human beings would desire to conform to white americas standards to be customary?? final time I checked black human beings weren't white eu and that they weren't white human beings so why on earth would they %. a recognition like Jane?? or Billy Bob??

Yeah it is the Zulus.

Source(s): Google it.