Question about African American origins in West?

So a majority of the Black American slaves cam from West Africa right? I know of the countries that line the coast of West Africa and thus are most likley to be the points of origin for the slaves. But does anyone know the particular tribes that were prevalent or most likely to be dominant in these areas during the time? Im trying to get a general idea of what tribes and peoples the Black American slaves that were captured along and around the West African coastal countries originated from.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The only way to know where African Americans came from is to do a DNA test. Remember whites conquered ALL OF AFRICA!! and took slaves as casualties of wars that went on. Ethiopia was the only country they couldn't conquer, but they did try to and did get some slaves from that country too as well as destroying ancient artifacts.

• 3 years ago

Theres a accepted fake impact that we "forgot" what African countries we got here from. in certainty West African countries didnt exist as quickly as we left..Europeans for the main area carved up West Africa as quickly as we've been given to united statesa.. i comprehend alot are from present day-day Liberia and Nigeria.Oprah is supposably from Liberia. yet I couldnt inform you approximately any tribes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.