How do i get into the nursing program in the U.K?

i have just completed my associates in science in the U.S through a dual credit high school program. My family is moving to the U.K. can anybody tell me what requiements do i need to enroll on a nursing program in U.K?. also how long is the BSC in nursing in the U.K and how hard is it to get on it?

Favorite Answer

Your associate degree and high-school diploma should get you in a nursing program in the UK. There are basically 2 modes of entry to nursing: Diploma in Higher Education (Nursing) and the pre-registration Bachelor's degree. I would strongly encourage you to go for the Bachelor's degree. Most nursing degree programs in the UK are 3-year direct honours BSc (bachelor of science) in nursing programs; some are 4-year in length especially those in Scotland and Northern Ireland. The degree qualifies you to be a Registered Nurse (RGN) in the UK through the Nursing and Midwifery Council. I don't think it's hard to get in; nursing has always been an acutely understaffed profession everywhere.

You may want to check out this website (www.cgfns.org) if you would eventually come back to the US to practice nursing. You will need to be certified by this agency to take your national licensing examinations to be a RN in the USA.

i do no longer think of that vacationing nurse courses are meant to insult you or everyone else. they are there for help, they are there to assist. i did no longer have a vacationing nurse as quickly as I had my son yet that'd been effective, extremely in the event that they have been experienced in breast feeding considering I had to shuttle for an hour to work out my lactation representative. a lot of mothers have issues interior the 1st few weeks; merely considering you probably did no longer would not recommend that they're a waste of tax funds. if the nurses have been merely going around, checking up on human beings, and not something replaced into the issue with everyone then that they had nix this technique. for sure those women individuals are assisting _somebody_. do no longer you experience good that your tax funds is going directly to assisting women individuals with submit partum melancholy and nursing and despite issues new mothers are having? "in spite of everything, what's the version between a digital camera on your place in any respect cases and having a central authority agent examining and holding music of you as a man or woman and deeming your well being to parent?" come on. a well being customer is non-compulsory. they are welcome, in maximum circumstances. they are there to assist, to no longer abate on your parenting.

I WANT TO SLIT MY THROAT. I WISH I COULD SLEEP. I NEED HONEY SWEET SWEET HONEY.