Any one work(ed) for united health group?

I just got hired at the insurance company (united health group) for billing/enrollment, and i will be starting in the next few days. it sounds like a decent job and good benefits. I was just curious if anyone reading this has ever worked for them or knows anything more about this company i should know?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • jim bo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

. Here is info from the wiki site:

"....In 2006, the Securities and Exchange Commission began investigating the conduct of United Health's management and directors, as did the Internal Revenue Service and prosecutors in the U.S. attorney's office for the Southern District of New York, who have subpoenaed documents from the company. The investigations came to light after a series of probing stories in the Wall Street Journal in May 2006, discussing apparent backdating of hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of stock optionsby United Health management. The backdating apparently occurred with the knowledge and approval of the directors, according to the Journal. Major shareholders have filed lawsuits accusing former New Jersey governor Thomas Kean and UHC's other directors of failing in their fiduciary duty.[1][2] On 15 October 2006, Dr. McGuire was forced to resign, and relinquish hundreds of millions of dollars in stock options.

The American Chiropractic Association has filed a national class action lawsuit against ACN, ( American Chiropractic Network) which is owned by United Healthcare and administers chiropractic benefits, and United Healthcare for alleged practices in violation of the federal RICO act. " ...

...The Wall Street Journal say Goldman/Sacks just UPgraded the UNH stock. I see it bottomed out around $45.

I think it's a typical large company. They use their imagination with their book-keeping. You're nothing but a number, BUT if you behave yourself, you'll make some $$. .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.