Obtaining a unsecured loan right under $10,000 w/ bad credit- looking to re-establish credit; ever obtained 1?

That's just it too. Took out 3 cards when I turned 18 maxed them, & didn't pay them (same old story, statistic); I have an old hospital bill as well from a very bad stomach virus. Now my credit is obviously bad, that's what you get!!! Now I am almost 23, I'm more than ready to start establishing... show more That's just it too. Took out 3 cards when I turned 18 maxed them, & didn't pay them (same old story, statistic); I have an old hospital bill as well from a very bad stomach virus. Now my credit is obviously bad, that's what you get!!! Now I am almost 23, I'm more than ready to start establishing positivies on my credit. I was going to just go the credit card route, or rent- own from Aaron's, but, I was hit by a drunk driver a couple monthes back, and it's priority dropped. A week or so later started exp. pain & have had to go to chirpractor from 3-2 x's a week since- anything to not have to take pain medications, and still maintain. Recently I have taken a look at maybe taking out an unsecured signature loan to not only help re-establish my credit, as well as get a jump start on my medical bills before my settlement comes in. I would love to hear back from those that have been approved for a loan under their personal bad credit/ high risk circumstances, & actually obtained one.thanx