Chrysler LHS dash problem?

Ok, so my Chrysler LHS (97) is driving me nuts again! The latest problem is that I will just be driving along and all of the dash electronics stop working (the speedometer, temp gauge, fuel gauge, everything.) Sometimes if I push on the plastic cover over these gauges they all flip back on, sometimes you have to hit the dash on top of the gauge area, and sometimes it won't come back on for twenty minutes or more. Help!! This car is about to drive me nuts.

Favorite Answer

You have a plug that is almost ready to fall off.

I can only imagine the bumpy road (s) that caused this to happen - or the crash......

Anyways - you may be lucky and it is able to be fixed from under the dash - without having to remove it like on my 97 Intrepid

Source(s): 16+ years auto customizing 14 year shop owner

whats wrong with it,is its loosing connection on the back of the dash ,where it plugs in at,that's what causes that to happen if you can remove the dash and clean all the contacts where it plugs in at ,it will stop doing this,i get them like this once in a while,most people just hit on the dash and it starts working again,but that's not a good cure for it,remove it and clean all the contacts and that will stop it from doing this,good luck on it hope this helps.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 37 yrs.

Most likely a loose a connector, but it could also be within the printed circuit board on the back of the instrument cluster. We have had to replace a number of these for intermittent connectivity troubles.