Canada vs United States?

I live in Canada first off, and i was wondering what are the significant differences between the two countries. For example medical wise it is different, for basic medical care in canada it is covered for by the government

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Canada has universal health care. US has none. Canada has gun control. US has almost none. Canada has efficient and timely mass transit systems. The US, excepting New York City has almost none. Cities in Canada are clean and the crime rate is low. Cities in the US are dirty and crime-ridden. Canadian public education system is good country-wide. US public education is good in the rich areas of the country.

If Canada was warmer (which it may be in 50 years) half of the US would emigrate.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The differences are subtle, but the longer you spend in the other country the more obvious they become. The American culture is more about the individual while the Canadian culture is more about community. Canadians are more polite and civil, more relaxed, more tolerant, more friendly.

Growing up after the US, maybe a bit slower than the US, Canadians had the opportunity to learn from our mistakes. Health care is just one area where they do better.

I always say Canada gives you an idea of what the US would be like if we hadn't had a revolution. 8^)

• Chase
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Not exactly what I expected, but okay. Well, US fought for independence in a war, Canada still puts the queen on their money, US has major population centers throughout it's entirety, Canada has them along the border with US, Canada is more liberal if you will, US is more conservative, hockey is probably the top sport there, here, it's between baseball, basketball, and football (depends on the season), and others.

• 1 decade ago

medical in canada is covered by gov...but the quality is such that many of yo canadians come over anyway because of the delays in some cases...or the simple fact that the doctors cant do various surguries up there.

But from a culture standpoint,..Canada in some areas is a better country...but the medical access is a joke.

Source(s): I would rather have our current medical system than canada or France.... and my mother (who is french) would be dead for 20+ years if she had depended on canadian health care.. Note she is now 89..
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

i'm Canadian and actually purely went to Bellingham, Washington this morning to accomplish a little procuring. (I stay in a Vancouver suburb, sixteen km to US border). It relies upon the place you reside and your way of existence with appreciate of it being risk-free. we are having gang suitable shootings in Vancouver precise now corresponding to what Toronto had a pair of years in the past. although, it is not any distinctive than the team violence in la or ny. that is purely that it is not predicted in Canada, to that end makes the information. the two countries have risk-free places and unsafe places. Canada's judicial device is lots slacker with less demanding effects on criminals than in the rustic. They nonetheless execute human beings (which i wanted we did too). in the event that they did no longer, their crime would be greater. yet ordinary, i'm with you, i've got self assurance lots extra useful/safer in Canada than the U. S., to that end my decision is Canada.

• 1 decade ago

i think Canada is a great country.

but with your medical coverage being covered byt he government, the same as European countries, aren't the taxes huge on your income?

not saying this is bad, hell we, the U.S. should try some universal health care. Especially for the old.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

PROUD TO BE CANADIAN.

Canada has one of the best systems in the world.

Not lot of countries have free health care.

Not so high in crimes compare to other high rated countries.

No racism. People from various ethnicities leave side by side without any prejudices.

Good education system and lot more.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Canada is a great country.

The people are very friendly, Very low crime rates.

Good health care.

• 1 decade ago

You are living in a Suburb of France.

• 1 decade ago

Canadians are better mannered than Americans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.