Dont you hate it when people claim that today's musicians are the best there are?

Like people saying Beyonce or Ciara is the best?? I think the best are the classics like Karen Carpenter, Roberta Flack, Billie Holiday, Aretha Franklin, etc.

Do you agree??

Dont get wrong I think the musicians of today are talented but they cannot be compared to the legends.

LOL well some of the musicians. I think those who didnt grow up with money really have talent. Paris and Lindsey are a joke compared to Beyonce and Ciara. Also some of today's musicians have proven they have talent in my eyes.

Favorite Answer

I agree with you but you have to understand alot of kids really dont know the history of some artist that paved the way. So Beyounce and Ciara are like the best singers to them right now because they no no better

When I was a young teenager I thought the popular songs of the time were the best ever. When I became more mature, I became more open minded and started to listen to many different genres of music including classical, jazz, blues, big band Broadway classic country , etc

Since this category is R&B&Soul , I will say that I love almost all the r&b, soul, funky stuff etc, even some rap and hip hop from the early 50's through the mid 90's. I have tons of this music in my personal collection and get a lot of pleasure from listening to it.

Comparing the music (not just r&b&soul but other types) of today to the music of the past is like comparing a buffet of mainly junk food to a buffet of highly nutrious dishes which include a fair amount of groumet selectoins.

I agree with you too. I always like going back to the classic love songs. Back in the day, songs and singers had more feeling and emotion, and the writers were very deep.

Today few people do that. Alicia Keys is one such artist.

The best are truly the classics.

Definitely agree, and it's all because radio is fickle and kids these days have no taste. ;)

Making music just isn't what it used to be anymore. Being a musician was once a rarer thing, now every little boy and his brother wants to pick up a guitar and be a rock and roll star.

Yes, I agree. The studio does alot for most of todays artist. It's all about the performances and not the actual singing. That's why I love "Old School" music.

it's all about money today and being "in" with music trends. any no-talent celebrity can make 1 or 2 on the charts, look at lindsay lohan, paris hilton, ashlee simpson.. they are all successful "musicians" and look at rap...

todays musicians are not in the same frame of mind as legends of yesteryear. there are a couple that aren't produced in the studio but not many.

i think not all musicians of today are so not good.. i like this singer Joss Stone and she got a beautiful voice and also Amy Winehouse.

Yeah, I do. My Chemical Romance can't complete with the Doors.

they might be the best there are now..but definatly not the best there ever was....beam me up scottie