Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Looks don't matter and I'm proof.?

I'm considered very attractive and hot by lots of people, yet I've never had a boyfriend. I attract a few guys here and there but they are either really old and scary or I'm just not attracted to them and don't like them much. But in general all I get is looks and no one comes up to me, unless they are just the weird annoying type.

And it's not like I'm picky, because I'm liking at least one guy at any single time, and it's usually a different guy every 6 months after I see the previous guy is not interested in me. I never attract people I like.

There are a lot of woman uglier than me who have boyfriends. So those of you who think looks have something to do with it...... it really doesn't, or else I would have gotten someone by now.

Favorite Answer

Oh thank God!! After reading this I really feel like I have a shot in the chaotic world of love!!

Hah. Just kidding. I don't think guys know what the hell they want. I would like to believe its about "personality" but seriously, guys can't make up their minds! Maybe its just like this.. When a guy is with a lot of "potentials" he just iny-miny-miny-moes them all.

You may be attractive, but you are giving off an air of unaproachability. That's not because you're so attractive they think they aren't good enough for you, it's because you probably spend all your time pouting, trying to look your most attractive and catching someones attention rather than mixing, having fun and smiling allot. It doesn't matter how attractive you are, you will find that people can't resist you if you give off a happy and stable aura. This is possibly why slightly less attractive girls seem to have more boyfriends. They are not completely obsessed with their looks, because they have not been able to rely on looks alone to get a boyfriend. They develope a personality which men find very attractive. If you had a personality and weren't obsessed with your looks, men would find you extremely attractive, and they would approach you.

Hey I felt the same.

Use to get all these looks from guys, compliments from people and death stares from women.

I always thought that guys found me intimidating, not many had the guts to approach me. When they would be approaching the average looking girl. Realised that most men would go after the girls that looked easy so they can have a good time with them and dump them. Or when they'd get my phone number they would only have the guts to message and not call or call when they're drunk (to me it sounded like a booty call).

So I never had a boyfriend, until 2 weeks ago I was set up with this great guy who is smart and decent, who had the guts and the maturity to go out of they way to get my phone number and set a date. He likes me for who I am, and not only because of the way I look.

The saying when you are not looking for a guy you will meet someone =)

well most people would belive that look arnt everything, you also must have depth, personality and something to offer the other person. might want to do some soul searching and find the real you.

on the plus side you can always find someone shallow and looking for someone who is only good looking. commonly called arm candy! but that never last long

You sound alot like a female version of me. My biggest problem is attracting the wrong people, and it's annoying, for it insinuates to potential dates that I'm off the market, when I'm not even in it! I feel your pain.

i wouldnt say looks matter. maybe your "look" is not approachable. maybe your not smiling enough. i myself have trouble finding guys they seem to just look but they never come up. i asked my friend and they said i have a face that wasnt approachable and i looked mean

I'm guessing that guys are too nervous to approach you. That can happen with beautiful people.

• ...

Maybe you have a bad personality.