Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

4 patients need a kidney, to whom will you give it?

the 1st patient is very poor. the 2nd patient is very rich that the patient can donate 10 million to the hospital. 3rd one is a very important government official. 4th patient is a summa *** laude graduate doctor.. if you're a hospital ethics committee, you should set ethics guidelines before making a descision, what are those and to whom will you give the kidney?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hospitals already use checklists in these situations. Age and health are two of the factors looked at, not wealth or status as implied by you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would probably give it to the rich patient because they could donate money to the hospital and it may cover the costs of the other kidney transplants and help the other 3 patients in the long run.

• 1 decade ago

The first thing that is taken into consideration is wait time. The person who has been waiting the longest is the first to be eligible, if they are a match. The patient that matches the kidney through blood typing and tissue match is the one that would have the greatest success of long term organ survival.

• 1 decade ago

I would give it to the person with the best blood/antibody match.

The closer the match the more likely the success.

In the United States, the UNOS-run transplant lists contain only crucial medical information. There is no indication of social or financial status.

• 1 decade ago

Hmmm i would give the kidney to the youngest one. The others have atleast lived a longer life,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

poor ppl always are last in the world bump da rich gve 2 da poor

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

give it to the person not on drugs or alcohol

• 1 decade ago

U SHOULD GIVE IT TO THE PERSON THAT U FEEL COMFORTABLE TO !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.