Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Bball a good enough workout?

i'm going on a new work out plan but i need a good fat burning workout so i was wondering if bball is a enough i play it any way for about 2 hours a day and i don't just stand there and take shots i sprint after the ball every time i never stop moving so is this a good enough work out to burn fat or should i do more?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Izzy N
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Getting rid of fat is 70/30 (diet/exercise) at best. So, you need to go on a diet.

I know you don't want to hear this, but you need to cut out all:

Sugar (from Frosted Flakes to M&M's, all turn to bodyfat fairly quickly)

Fried Foods/Fats (chips, mayo/butter, fries, etc.)

White Flour (cereals, breads, pasta, tortillas, etc.)

Of course you want to eat as natural as possible with meals/snacks consisting of:

Turkey and Chicken breast

Lean beef

Salmon and Tuna (water packed if canned)

Lots of veggies

Skim/low-fat- cottage, string cheese, milk

Egg Whites

Limited amounts of almonds and fruits

The only actuall "healthy carbs" (don't mess with blood.sugar levels) are:

Brown rice

Yams

Sweet Potatoes

and plain oatmeal

Okay carbs are:

Whole-Grain organics breads/buns/wraps/pasta (all limited to single servings).

You should eat about 1,500 calories a day if you really want to burn the weight off.

You also need to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism up.

So 1,500 divided into 6 small meals/snacks is 250 calories in each one.

The emphasis should be protein (20grams each meal) and veggies, with limited carbs.

You also need to drink at least a gallon of water a day.

Also take a Centrum multi-vit / mineral with the first meal everyday.

Whey protein shakes are also a great meal replacement when mixed with low fat or skim milk. Add a scoop of no sugar instant iced coffee/mocha powder and it will taste like heaven if you followed the above diet.

Oh yeah, have ONE cheat meal per week (not a cheat day), it will give your mind and body a break.

That's about it. People obsessed with their bodies and fitness models basically eat this way. If you could follow it for a few weeks it gets easier, and you'll feel GREAT as all the toxins from what your currently eating will be pushed out of your body. You'd probably lose 15+lbs a month if you followed it closely, keeping a daily food journal.

Good Luck!

Source(s): I'm a gym rat.
  • 1 decade ago

To burn fat you might want to jog long distances or ride the bike. It is more effective than short sprints.

Combine it with a light workout in the weightroom. More repetitions with lighter weight. If you use heavier weight with less repetition you will build muscle.

• 5 years ago

If you are going to be a point guard you will be distributing the ball, that is what you should focus on. That means you don't need to create your own shot. Sometimes you will get the ball to score, your coach should already know your abilities and make a play for you to score on a mid-range shot. I think you will make the team and have a great season.

• 1 decade ago

even professional basketball players do more than play basketball, they play every day for more than two hours and they still hit the gym

run or swim laps, or ride a bike, those are some of the best cardio workouts

• 1 decade ago

Depends on you. You really just have to do something that gets your blood flowing...that's how you're going to burn calories.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.