Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Question on a Sports Card?

I went to an old lady's garage sale and found a Michael Jordan Card that she said used to be ger sons, but he lives in New York. The card says 1986 on the back and has a logo on the front that says "Fleer Premere" on the front with his picture with him in the air about to dunk in his old school jersey that says Chicago in cursive on front. Can anyone give me any info on it or tell me how much it is. She sold ot to me for 5 cents.

Favorite Answer

It sounded like you just cheated an old lady out of a Michael Jordan rookie card.

The card books for $800 ungraded at reasonable condition (nrmt 8).

At Gem Mint (PSA 10) condition, the card books for $8,000 and sells about $5,000 on ebay.

At Pristine (BGS 10) condition (only one in existence so far), the card rumored to have sold for $150,000 last year to a dealer and was actually on display at the Los Angeles Nationals Convention.

But before you start jumping up and down, please be aware that there are many counterfit of the Michael Jordan rookie card that exist out there. My advise is to get the card professionally graded and authenticated by a reputable company such as PSA, BGS, SGC or GAI just in case the old lady is pulling a fast one over you.

Then you could start the "HAHA....I just made a lot of money from an old lady" party.

Source(s): Better than yours

1986 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card. This is a Mint 9 PSA graded card and it sells for about 1/10th of what a Gem Mint 10 sells for. Gem Mint 10 PSA graded examples of this card sell for upwards of $10,000 US. I saw one go for over $30,000...no joke.

Source(s): the internet