Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

looking for a book?

ok I read this book in 8th grade. I think it was a diary type book, its about a girl whos like 13 or 14 and shes british, in the back theres an engilsh to british dictionary, she talks about calling ciggarettes "fags" and then theres a part about her wanting to dye her hair but her dad wont let her because he says shes to young to start dying it now...my niece is looking for new books and i want to tell her about this one but I cant think of the name

its not Diary of Anne Frank, thats about a girl who had to hide from the Nazis. This has nothing to do w/ the Holocaust

oh, i remember theres also a part where she lists things taht are wrong with her life there were like 7, one was about her sister peeing in her room and another was about how she was ugly and needed to go to an ugly home or something like that....

It also says something about snogging...i remember me and my friend started calling kissing snogging after reading this book

Favorite Answer

angus, thongs, and full frontal snogging

by louise rennison!

it is the first in a series. i love these books!

No I don't know this one though it does ring a bell. Anne Frank was not British., she was a German Jew so it can't be her and she didn't really talk about quite those kind of issues in her diary!

that does not ring a bell... however, depending how old your niece is, Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster could be a nice recommendation.

I don't know what you're talking about, but it might be called Diary of Anne Frank. It's a book a lot of kids read in 8th grade, and i think she's british.

I'm not sure, but read this, and it might be it..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diary_of_anne_frank

♥