Born an American Indian, Cherokee!?

Have you ever seen that great Stephen Spielberg series Into the West. If you have not I encourge you to see it. If you have please tell me what you thought.

Favorite Answer

I saw the mini series and read the book it was based on.

The mini series was great, the book was wonderful.

I am a HUGE western fan and have been a student of American history for at least 10 years with a particular interest in American Indian history, culture and religion and I have to say it was a fantastic series.

The portrayal of the pioneers was the most authentic I have seen on film and in the vein of Dances With Wolves the indians were shown truly, as niether goodies nor baddies but as a wronged people fighting for their homes and beliefs rather than 'pesky injuns'. Hollywood seems to go to extremes with the portrayal of indians. Traditionally Indians were the bad guys but now with political correctness they are often portrayed as 'whiter than white'. It is always good to see them as normal human beings - it still doesn't happen often.

I'll try to find it.