Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificMalaysia · 1 decade ago

between pulau pangkor,sipadan and langkawi, which island is the best for me as the 1st time traveller?

• azayi1
    Favorite Answer

nice suggestion everybody...

ginduras.. comelah to Langkawi.. its my hometown what..

if i have a chalet or something i'll offer you but i dont have the moneylah.. not a big kroni to the govn.. just typical malay guy having decent salary for a living...

let me keep it simple..

You wont get bored in Langkawi.. as for the rest.. long holiday will only makes yourself misarable in other places..

1st time scuba diver or first time travelling to any island?For scuba diving, first timer or not the best will be Sipadan thanks to crystal clear waters. Langkawi - Pulau Payar which is a 30 mins boat ride off the coast is still relatively clear but not as clear as Sipadan. Pulau Pangkor - haih, it is so polluted now you can't see anything, in fact my dad stepped on some sea urchins while wading there. You just can't see those sharp critters because the water is so murky.

If it is nightlife you are looking for, I would say that Langkawi towns are livelier than Pangkor by far. In Pangkor you don't get large pubs and bars, and the largest bars are in the large and expensive hotels like the Pan Pacific. If you can afford at least RM800++ a night in Pangkor Laut Resort situated on a private island opposite the main Pangkor Island, then Pangkor is worth it. The beaches here are much cleaner than on the main island. A few celebrities and ministers of other countries have stayed here and were very happy with the service. One of them is the opera singer Pavarotti - he gave a performance there about 3-4 years back.

Sipadan has been listed as the top 5 best beaches in the world. What do you think? But I can tell you it will be very boring because all you do is just face the sea.

Langkawi is a duty free island with lots of things to do and see. You can practically shower with the beer because the beer would be much more worth it compare to mineral water. But don't expect much beach activities as compared to Sipadan. It is a very commercial island.

Pangkor??? I wouldn't go back there even if you pay for all my expenses. The only thing I remember back in Pangkor was gambling, cycling and swimming in the pool. Oh... I left out the one and only karaoke in the hotel. That was pretty cool because you can have the entire karaoke to yourself.

• ng

been to Pangkor [ countless times ] n Langkawi [ 5 occasion ], Sipadan ? too far n not enough money ! but i know quite a lot about Sipadan from books, tv, internet, friends etc !

here are my rating [ '1' being the best ]

happening : Langkawi - 1, Pangkor - 2, Sipadan - 3

beautifulness : Sipadan - 1, Langkawi - 2

diving/snorkeling : Sipandan - 1, Langkawi - 2

shopping : Langkawi - 1, Pangkor - 2

food : Langkawi - 1, Pangkor - 2

better facilities [ public transport, banks,

electricity/cleaned water, hotel/chalet/resort, post office, hospital etc ] : Langkawi - 1, Pangkor - 2

as for you, my recommendation : Sipadan but if you have the times n money, try all three !

Go langkawi and forget about pangkor. pangkor is like pulau gaya in KK.

• ?

Went there final month. approximately quarter-hour boat journey from the final Island. The Boat guy confirmed us that the island sounds like a pregnant woman mendacity down from a definite perspective. an relatively proper and serene place to be. deliver some bread or biscuits alongside, placed them between your ft and feed the cat fishes interior the lake. a staggering feeling. keep some for the monkeys too. make beneficial keep your nutrients in a sealed bag. The monkeys are extremely smart and cheeky too.

Langkawi dear...then Pulau Pangkor..Sipadan . . um only if you are ardent and very experience scuba diver.

Sipadan is a good diving spot. But everything at there is very expensive.

Pangkor is a nice place to rest, it's a fishing village and a peaceful island.

Langkawi is a little bit modern, much more places to be visit.

Guantanamo Bay where all the suspected terrorists are kept by US. U can also meet Hambali there.

langkawi