Shoplifting charges?

I live in MN, I was caught shoplifting about $40 worth of stuff, it was my first offense, and I'm 18. What happens now? I have a court appearence, but I leave for college in Iowa at the end of August. What should I expect?

ps save the preaching, it's a waste of my time
Update: Like I said, I didn't ask the question to be harassed. Oh, and Rick- I may have my insanely large scholarship reduced, but at least I'm going to college. if YOU had, I think that you would've known that victim doesn't have a "u" in it, but good job using your first grade skills and... show more Like I said, I didn't ask the question to be harassed. Oh, and Rick- I may have my insanely large scholarship reduced, but at least I'm going to college. if YOU had, I think that you would've known that victim doesn't have a "u" in it, but good job using your first grade skills and sounding out. You were close, buddy. Keep on that track, and you may be on to middle school and learning about run-on sentences!
Update 2: Norskeyenta- this one's for you!
It's a good ******* thing I live in the time I do now, isn't it? So stop wasting my goddamn time with your "what-ifs" and go preach to someone who gives a flying ****.