I Just can't learn how to swim. What should I do?

I just can't get comfortable underwater because i'm afraid of drowing. I can't do it without a paddle board. Please help me

Favorite Answer

Take a swimming lesson. Before that you gotta overcome your fear of water first.

stay away from water....= )

jk

dont worry, i had the same trouble at a young age because of some traumatizing experiences when i was first learning.

if u get scared being underwater, then start slowly, just stick your head under while standing in the shallow end. do that for a while and as you start to get morw comfertable, just keep progressing. you need to be able to go underwater comfertably before you take any lessons or anything. that is very major, no matter what kind of swimming you are doing and for what purpose.

swimming is an important thing to learn. i am a volunteer firefighter in AL, and we've had a few calls of people drowning in Tennessee River. just don't give up on it, and make sure that as you learn you are always with at least one person in case something happens (hopefully some1 that will encourage you and not make fun of you)

hope i helped you out some

Take Swimming Lessons.

well,the first thing your gonna have to learn is not to panic and i would recommend floating on ur back in a non deep area that u can stand in,once u get use to tht try to swim and if u feel like ur scared and gonna drown just float on your back and use a back stroke.I use to hate swimming too cause i had the fear of drowning and thats how i learned.Good luck just practice floating on your back and when u do it on low water just relax like ur laying in bed arms to ur side and legs out straight(u wanna lay like a board).Youll get it in minutes .

Well good luck youll get it in no time.And Regular swimming is self explanatory,i think u just need to get over the fear and youll be ok.I learned to swim when i was like 15 or 16.IIm 17 now so lol.Good luck..

Learn to doggie paddle.

Stay out of the water then