Embarassing problem- PLEASE HELP!?

O.k, i know its kind of gross, but i have a big problem and i'd like to know why i do this and get help to stop. I drool excessivley, all the time, when i laugh, talk, or just standing. I'm not special needs or anything, but the drool WONT STOP!!!!! I've had braces for 8 months if that helps. THank YOU!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Did this happen before you got your braces? You should call your orthodontist's nurse, and find out the correct answer to this good question. A star for the question! :)

Source(s): Nurse.

That can be a side effect of certain medications. Check with your doctor if you are taking anything and even if you aren't there could be medical reasons why you are drooling especially if this came on suddenly.

I have a feeling that your braces have caused the muscle around your lips kind of out of shape. Since you were not comfortable closing your mouth while swallowing, your muscles need some exercise that's all.

maybe try chewing gum (whatever kind you can with braces) or suck on some candy...maybe you will swallow more and thus swallow the drool?

My guess is that braces might not be enough for you. You might need orthognathic surgery (maxillofacial surgery for reconstruction of your jaw), or you might need some surgery to your salivary ducts. If your orthodontist is ignoring this, please go get a second opinion. This is not fair!