cnm

Wondering if I should buy this car (kia)?

It's a 98 Kia Sephia. It has 75,000 miles. The mechanic bought it from an auction and is doing an oil change. The paint is peeling and the dash is bubbling. He's only asking 2,400 (down from 2700 because of a connection). My car died unexpectedly so I don't have enough money saved to get something from a dealership and I don't want to take out any more loans. Since it only has 75,000 miles is it worth it? Are Kia's good cars?

Favorite Answer

i would go with a honda. much more reliable and a good trusted name. a honda with 125,000 miles i would prefer. my cuz had an old accord with 250,000 and it was still faster and ran better than his 98 eclipse. i think it was an 85

It really depends on how well the car was maintained, and how it was driven.

Used cars are always a crap shoot, but you can find some good deals too.

If you know anyone who is a mechanic (or knows a lot about cars) have them come with you, and test drive it. If it doesn't make any strange sounds, or smell like burning oil, then it is probably ok.

Keep in mind that all cars break eventually, so you might want to save up cash for when something does go wrong.

This car is all plastic - all the body panels are plastic - it is held together with plastic screws, and plastic inserts.

I am not kidding - get a screw driver and look - you can take the body completely apart with 3 screwdrivers.

They are extremely unreliable - and even more unsafe in a crash.

It's a piece of junk. Stay away. You can find better for that kind of money. Avoid Japanese and Korean junk at any cost.

STAY AWAY!!!!!