promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

How can I win the starting qb job at U of M?

I made the U of M team as a walk on qb. I mostly played running back in 10th and 11th grade however i was the starting qb for my high school in12th grade. Right now I am a redshirt and I am the 5th option for qb at u of m. I want to play next season and eventually start the following year. I am physically gifted I can run a 4.43 40-yard dash, bench 340, and squat 470, throw for 65 yards, however I just have average accuracy. How long should I practice throwing the football in the offseason to have good accuracy in 1 year or 2 year time?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • moose
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Practice as much as you can. Also physical ability isn't everything, coaches look for mental toughness. Build up confidence in yourself that you can lead your team and comeback from any deficit. Don't show to much emotions on the field, if you do, coaches think you might get rattled if under pressure. If you completed a great pass, don't act too pleased with yourself. Act like it was no big deal. you expect yourself to do that all the time. Most important thing you can do for yourself is this.. Be likable.. if you treat your teammate with respect and get along well with them they will make you look good and protect you better.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Who cares? that's the BROWNS. Anways... they are in a lose lose subject. Derek Anderson needs an ELITE offensive line to function with professional bowl possibilities. Brady Quinn can functionality without the ELITE line, yet he nonetheless is a valueless QB. QB who's set by using the OL > valueless QB Anderson is lots extra useful than Quinn the two way, yet regrettably it feels like the Browns are in for yet another pitiful season, purely this time in the back of the reigns of Brady Quinn. Sorry Cleveland.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm a Buckeye fan but that's impressive even to make it as a backup at quality team like Michigan especially this year.

you should bend over because that is how most people get things at Michigan. j/k

• DSW07
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Find a way to beat Ohio State even if it is without you under center, and you'll be loved forever.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

damn good job i guess by just keep practicing... s*** wanna give me some tips for a ILB/FB on his sophomore year?

• 1 decade ago

Go to OSU, they'll teach you how to play football, jk.

• 1 decade ago

commit no less than 6 felonies and youll have the job!!!!!

Source(s): Fight On Trojans!!!
  • 1 decade ago

keep working man ... MgoBLUE

• 1 decade ago

Sure you did.. ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.