Where does your cat sleep at night?

My boyfriend and I had a bit of a debate the other day because he keeps his cat outside all night, whereas I feel better keeping mine indoors overnight. He says it's not fair to keep a cat cooped up like that since it wants to be outside (plus, he says if his cat stays inside it wakes him up every ten minutes)... show more My boyfriend and I had a bit of a debate the other day because he keeps his cat outside all night, whereas I feel better keeping mine indoors overnight. He says it's not fair to keep a cat cooped up like that since it wants to be outside (plus, he says if his cat stays inside it wakes him up every ten minutes) but I say it's not safe for the cat to be out all night. He told me it's no less safe then it being out in the daytime (since I do let my cats in and out during the day. Well, except for one, she's just an indoor kitty).....I dunno, what do you guys think, and how do you do things with your own cats?
Update: LOL, these answers are so fun to read because I can relate to so many of them! My cats like to try and force their way under my blankets, and we do have one that's terrified to go outside, my kitty sleeps with me on my bed, and one of my cats has tried to sleep on my face a few times, and we did sadly have a... show more LOL, these answers are so fun to read because I can relate to so many of them! My cats like to try and force their way under my blankets, and we do have one that's terrified to go outside, my kitty sleeps with me on my bed, and one of my cats has tried to sleep on my face a few times, and we did sadly have a cat get out and get eaten by a coyote (and another cat got out and was hit by a car! All the more reason I feel secure having them in.) Anyways....carry on.