Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

dog breed name?

i have got a gsd x doberman ***** who is pregnant,the dad is our great dane.i want a name i can call this breed,& being serious i don't want stupid answer's please.ie,cocker x poodle is a cockerpoo.

some thick people can't read,NO STUPID ANSWERS

lost's of people out there don't no all pedigree dogs have got mixed breeds in them years & years of mixed breeding,oh & i had one of these breeds before,& she was the best dog i had,three of that litter went into the police force.

a mongrel,is when you don't know what breed the dad is.

Favorite Answer

danesherman

It would be hard to come up with a name that didn't contain all or any of the breeds. you could really name it anything, it is a mixed breed that no one has but a name on yet so feel free to call it whatever you want. You are forgetting that the cute names help draw people into wanting a mixed breed dog, it's all part of advertising. Just don't charge too much for them.

I think it's great you have such an active imagination. There's no "German Shepherd Police Dog" breed. There's a K-9 training facility near where I live and believe me, the dogs are not any bigger than normal GSDs and Belgian Malinois. The only difference is that the dogs are well bred for working and have been trained extensively. Your little hate story about pits is cute but no one with a brain believes you own a trained police dog.

you can call them mutts. They are not a breed, and will never be a breed.

Yes, most purebreds were at one time mutts, but they were selectivly bred for many generations, with a purpose and a standard in mind. Any pups that did not meet the standard closely enough to be bred were spayed/neutered and sent along as pets.. any that were something that began to resemble the standard were bred to another dog that had qualities to compliment. The breeders did not just throw a few dogs together and say "Voila a whatisdoodle!" It takes alot of time, money, and dedication to create a new breed. A dog is not considered purebred until it has bred true for at least 6 generations.. meaning the dogs came out looking and acting the same for 6 generations.

Congrats on the upcoming pups. I have no clue what you'd call them since they will have 3 breeds in them... Shepherdoberdanemutt?

I'll assume you've done all the genetic testing that should be done. I'd be especially interested in their OFA Hip and Elbow scores given the slice of GSD in there. Not so sure that would be a combo that might go well with the fast growing qualities of a Dane.

You're going to be needing to screen potential owners since, I will assume, you want your beloved pet's pups to go to excellent homes who know how to deal with the type of temperament these pups will have.

I have available sample questionnaires and contract examples by email if you are interested.

Source(s): Breeder of Champion and Working Service Dogs for 19 years.

You aren't giving us many choices by not allowing us to blend the three breed names to come up with one. A mutt is a mutt. The puppies will be a gsd/doberman/great dane mix, and if I were to ignore your restricions I would call them Great Shepherd Doberman.

Mongrel. It is not a breed and therefore does not have a name. Recognised breeds have breed standards listing what makes that breed, say, a German Shepherd and not a Dobermann. You can also forecast pretty accurately how the puppies will turn out.

Sorry, but one mating does not make a breed - it takes many generations of heard work before you can reproduce the parents in the puppies.

http://www.answers.com/topic/mongrel

I wouldn't suggest naming it anything to add to all the mix breed mutt that are bought for a crazy amount of money when there are mutts in the shelter all day long that need homes. You should not be breeding if yuo are not a respons. breeder. And respons. breeders do not breed two diff. breeds togther to get a mutt.

If I were you I would call them doberman dump dogs, because that's all that's going to happen to them. I am not suggesting that mutts get dumped, I am suggesting that people who are not respons breeders dont usually find a good home for a dog!

This is not a breed. It is a mutt. It doesn't matter what you call it, a mutt is a mutt.

Seriously.

Thanks for deliberately making more mixed breeds to die in shelters.

Seriously.

EDIT: The truth is not 'stupid.' Deliberately making mutts and putting fancy names on them is STUPID.

Source(s): animal lover, shelter volunteer

It's a mutt. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Or the truth.

heinz 57