Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

How to fight? Don't want to get beaten up!?

I'm afraid of some guys at school. I never pick a fight, I always try to talk my way out, but in case some crap comes up, I want to learn how to fight. I don't wanna look like an idiot in front of so many people. These guys play rugby, they lift and all. I lift a bit and I stand at about 6 feet.

Any exercises i can do to strengthen myself or to improve my power? Don't have time or money to take boxing lessons.

Favorite Answer

don't wanna get beaten up then don't fight. You never mentioned if some of them are picking on you so im thinking theres no reason for you to be thinking of fighting them. Also you don't have time or the money to enroll so just forget it. You can't really learn fighting on your on with experiencing any real fight or without someone teaching you the basics.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"

Always remember that.

Lifting will not make you a better fighter..etc. Fighting is unpredictable and too much can go wrong. It's completely unorganized, so even if you can handle yourself well...you still have to expect the unexpected in a fight which is why it's better to walk away or at least get out in the open where you can see everything on the outside (people have a tendency to help their friends by jumping in when you are boxing the hell out of their buddy to no end)

You need to pull out some footage and study the art of .boxing..etc. just to learn how to defend in case you MUST.

I don't recommend street/unorganized fighting at all.

Watch UFC(ultimate fighteer videos on youtube.com) and see how they fight. You can kick a ton of peoples asses using that mixed martial arts ****. To win a fight you have to be tough and be able to take some very hard hits. Ive beaten the living crap out of people a lot bigger then me. I have found that sometimesyou have to do some serious damage or knock the person out to win some fights...ive only had a few of those thankfully. ive been in about 15-20 in my life and have never lost...most of my fights were over within 1 min. Also start eating 5-6 meals a day(mostly protein) take some apex products like N O extreme...anabolic extreme...and volumizer creatine pills(all apex brand products) this will help you get big and strong pretty quick...along with that bike swim and run....do your biking and running 1 day and swim another day...then lift 3 days a week working every muscle group evenly(lower and upper body)

• Woody

If you don't want to get beaten up, then the best way to avoid it is to continue what you have been doing, which is talk your way out of the fight or simply walk away. Fights are not fair, so keep that in mind before getting into one or if you should unfortunately find yourself in one.

As someone who knows self-defense, I still avoid fights at all cost.

get a pull up bar for like 10 bux nd jus do about 150- 200 push ups a nite

if u or your dad has weights use em too

Find a martial arts instructor that teaches street-fighting and self defense.

hey dude...dun Have to go to boxing class,have reg as a member at any nearby gymnasium and go there once in a week,do practise a lot...trust me,you'll be respected after once u beat him/em up!one more,find some bouncer liked Friend...good luck!

Source(s): .....

Boxing lessons aren't that expensive, here's a list of boxing clubs in the UK click on your area to find a local club.

http://www.abae.co.uk/Clubs/index.asp