How do I list my group in the yahoo recycle section/ advertise it?

I have a site called TampaShare, it is a recycle site to share items with those who might need what we have that we no longer need and for those looking for items that someone might have they no longer want. How do I advertise it in the recycle section with yahoo?

Favorite Answer

I assume you're the Owner of the TampaShare Group - you need to be to do the things I mention below.

The first thing I would do is categorize it in the Recycling category. Do this by clicking Management on the left-hand side of your Group's web page. Then click on Description & Appearance under Group Settings. Then click on the (small) Edit link next to Category (you'll probably need to scroll down to do so). Then click the appropriate links to select the Top > Cultures & Community > Issues and Causes > Environment > Issues and Activism > Recycling category. Once you have that category selected, click the Put My Group Here button.

Also, make sure your Group is listed in the Yahoo Groups Directory. Do this by clicking Management again. Then click Description & Appearance under Group Settings again. Then, just above where you edited the Category, make sure it says "Listing Type: Listed in Yahoo! Groups directory". If it says that it's not listed, you can always change that by clicking the (small) Edit link next to Description (don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done).