Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do i record from my tv to my camcorder?

so i want to know that. i have a dv/dsc camera/camcorder, and i have the red, white and yellow jacks that connect to it. but whenever i connect it to my camera nothing shows up on the camera it just goes blank but it shows up on the TV. im trying to record some of my video games and TV shows, and i dont want to spend money on a capture card . What do i do?

Favorite Answer

Most camera/camcorder cameras don't allow the video signal to come in. It most likely only goes out. If it does allow for the signal to come in, most of the time it's through an adapter for the camera. Check the camera manual for video in/out and see what it says and if you need to purchase the adapter.

If no adapter is needed then maybe you have to set your camera to VCR mode then hit record to see if that opens up the signal.

Source(s): Just guessing from experience.

i don't be conscious of if those digital cameras are any diverse, yet when I owned a VHS form camcorder, filming of the television demonstrate became interupted with the aid of waves flowing down the television, making it stressful to make out.