Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Is John Cena REALLY as bad as we all think he is (well, most of us think so anyway)?

I've not been a big Cena supporter, but it just seems like he's being bashed at times for things that aren't really his fault (his gimmick, which I hope changes soon, one of these things).

He has improved a bit in the ring this year (see his matches against Umaga at the Royal Rumble? his two instant classics with HBK?) and will hopefully finally drop the title at or soon after summerslam.

So tell me, is he getting any better to anyone besides me?

Favorite Answer

No, it's not really Cena the wrestler. It's Cena the character that everyone hates. Technically, he's a good wrestler, but, his gimmick (from gangsta rapper to a "marine" with some hip hop flavor) is really annoying. And, despite what you say, he does have some control over that. HES THE CHAMPION FOR GOODNESS SAKE! He has some input in his character!

But mainly, I believe people don't like him (more so than usual) for the simple fact that he's been champion for WAY TOO LONG. It's no longer fun. What's the point of watching a PPV when in my head I'm thinking "Why am I watching this? I already know Cena's going to win." The suspense is gone.

kk,i confess Cena's pretty much improving!!!

i used to like him,but because of his gimmick & "beating the odds" title reign,i bash him.

But if u look at his recent matches this year,almost all are match of the year contenders.

vs Umaga.Royal Rumble 2007 in a last man standing match

vs Shawn Michaels.Wrestlemania 23.

vs Shawn Michaels.RAW in UK

vs Bobby Lashley.GAB 2007

vs Edge in TLC match.Unforgiven 2006

so i agree he's really improving!

• Actually i was just about to announce that i dont hate him anymore. All i know is that he at least tries to do some good.

About the bashing - Ive seen people hate him just because he comes from West Newberry (i cant spell Massa...).

I'll admit hes not THAT bad in the ring and his mic skills are decent, but its the same with TNA, i dont like (the majority) of their fans

- Most are fanboys (or in this case girls)

- Most have no clue of wrestling

So yes he's getting better

• Red X

Though I haven`t seen much improvement in the ring, his mic skills seem to be getting worse. That rant on Cena`s Cabana was boring at best.

I'll agree that he is, in fact, getting better in the ring. Strangest thing is that he still can't throw a punch and I still find his finishers downright offensive but he's decent- I just think he's a garbage champion, which comes down to WWE's bookers.

Well, he has improved in the ring a bit and I dont hate him. It's just the fact that he's held the title for so long.

Cena is already better its nt cena's fault tht u dont like him but its ur fault if u dont like him then its nt cenas promblem 2 coz different persons have different choices n thoughts cena was good in royal rumble n he alwayz will be good..

Yeah... John Cena is just doing his job. I don't support his long title reigns but its not really his fault.

he is a great "preformer" he knows how to work the crowd and has mic skills that are second to none. but he CANNOT WRESTLE, so i agree with most of the cena bashers in here

Source(s): FEAR THE PEDIGREE http://youtube.com/watch?v=PysxFbjr80A
  • .

yes