"Quickbooks- Assigning "Account" to "uncategorized expenses"?

"Quickbooks- I have a transaction report with a lot of "uncategorized expenses". How can I assign multiple checks to the same Account without double-clicking on each one and assigning them separately. There are over 900 I have to do and many of them are for the same name.

Thanks for the response. Yes, the data was imported from Quicken. My bank has an export only to Quicken, not Quickbooks, and then I imported to Quickbooks from Quicken. I am really trying to avoid doing them one at a time.

Favorite Answer

you can click on the transaction to get it to pull a detail up.. and assign multiple accounts within that transaction.

I'm sorry.. but you are going to have to do the transactions one-by-one... QB will not automatically assume all are under a particular account

Source(s): QB 2007 Premiere Edition user

Were these transactions imported from another program?

How did they get into QB as uncategorized?

QB doesn't allow uncategorized expenses, as I know it.

That's one of the advantage of using QB over Quicken. Quicken will allow it, but QB won't.

I'll assign Blink "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin

I wish there was a way to do mass changes like that.

You should be able to export it to excel, make your changes, then import it back.

Make a file backup first though.