Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

"Quickbooks- Assigning "Account" to "uncategorized expenses"?

"Quickbooks- I have a transaction report with a lot of "uncategorized expenses". How can I assign multiple checks to the same Account without double-clicking on each one and assigning them separately. There are over 900 I have to do and many of them are for the same name.

Update:

Thanks for the response. Yes, the data was imported from Quicken. My bank has an export only to Quicken, not Quickbooks, and then I imported to Quickbooks from Quicken. I am really trying to avoid doing them one at a time.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you can click on the transaction to get it to pull a detail up.. and assign multiple accounts within that transaction.

I'm sorry.. but you are going to have to do the transactions one-by-one... QB will not automatically assume all are under a particular account

Source(s): QB 2007 Premiere Edition user
  • 1 decade ago

Were these transactions imported from another program?

How did they get into QB as uncategorized?

QB doesn't allow uncategorized expenses, as I know it.

That's one of the advantage of using QB over Quicken. Quicken will allow it, but QB won't.

• 5 years ago

I'll assign Blink "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin

• 1 decade ago

I wish there was a way to do mass changes like that.

You should be able to export it to excel, make your changes, then import it back.

Make a file backup first though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.