Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What should I do to lose a lot of weight?

I am way to overweight. (5'7" and 240 pounds) I know, I scare myself looking into the mirror. It just makes me sad of what I've become. Anyways, is there anyway I can shed off 100 pounds in 1 year? Most of it is stored in my trunk. I definatly want to lose at least 20 pounds before school starts (September 4th) Can someone give me a workout schedule? I have access to a pool every day. One of my favorite workouts is DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) on playstation. I have one that counts the calories I burn. I consume about 800-1000 calories a day. How much should I burn a day? Thanks =)

Favorite Answer

Eat only when hungry and not more than thrice a day. Nothing other than water in between. Include plenty of uncooked vegetables and fruits in each meal, preferably 50%.

Chew each morsel at least 32 times. Do not touch articles of food or the cutlery in between. This will activate ur body to generate strong signals of hunger/fullness. Obey these signals.

Take light exercises and brisk walks (minimum 20 min duration) regularly preferably twice a day.

U will achieve what u have not even dreamt and that too in a reasonable time. Do not be in a hurry. It is however to be noted that one cannot change the shape or size of different parts of the body.

You know you may want to try this... I made my own mix CD of upbeat songs and I dance around the living room just having fun! I do that for 30 min twice a day and started watching what I ate and I lost 17lbs in a month its the best thing that has worked for me =) good luck