what does this mean?

my computer is out of order for another week.

does it mean one more week? or less than one week?

and what if you say my computer is out of order for A week,,,does it also mean one more week?

Favorite Answer

"out of order for a week" means it should be fine within 7 days.

if it's still not ok, you can post "out of order for another week". this means another 7 days.

you can't post "out of order for another week" if it's just the first week.

The first senetence -

'My computer is out of order for another week', means that your computer had been out of order for the previous week and now it is out of order again for another week(one week)

It therefore means more than a week as it is obvious that the computer has already be out of order. It basically shows the extension in the number of days the computer has been or will be out of order.

Whereas if you say : "My computer has been out of order for a week", it does not mean the same or it does not mean more than one week because here we are specifying that it has been out of order only for one particular week, there is no clause attached with the sentence which indicates that it has been out of order for more than the specified time period

Yes, "another" means one more. It means your computer was unusable for one week already, and will be unusable for one more week.

If you say, "My computer is out of order for a week" it sounds a little strange, and it doesn't mean one more week.

You could say, "My computer will be out of order for a week" if it's happening in the future, for instance, when you are going to take it to a shop.

You could say, "My computer has been out of order for a week" if your computer broke one week ago, and is still broken.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your computer.

It doesn't matter if your computer is out for "another week" or "a week," it probably means that your computer will be "out of order" for at least another 7 days plus/minus a few days.

• Ahab

Sounds like your computer is having an identity crisis.

Change the date in "control panel" to one week in the future and see if the prob. still exists. Ha!

um. i'd think that it means one more week. and the difference between the "another" and "a" is just that "another" implies that it's already been out for a while, while "a" could be used in the situation that it just broke.

yes it says a week means a week

Ask the person who told you "for another week"? He/She is probably the only who knows!