What is some information that I would find of value for going to the Bahamas?

Favorite Answer

That men use towels on beaches to wipe the drool of their faces and not for lying down on.

- Beaches are a big attraction in The Bahamas

- 28 species of Bahamian birds not seen in the U.S

- Coral reefs. Blue holes. Walls. Caves. Shipwrecks. Sharks. Dolphins. Stingrays. The variety of islands in The Bahamas present a variety of diving experiences

- The Bahamas has produced over 50 record catches. Come for big-game tournaments, deep-sea charters, or to witness the vigorous strike of the bonefish

- With water temperatures averaging about 80°F year-round throughout The Bahamas, water sports are naturally a popular vacation activity

If you want lots of crowds, noise and vegas entertainment go to Paradise Island and do the obvious - Atlantis.

If you want peace and seclusion for a family go to an out island and stay at small hotel or rent a house. click on Bahamas House rentals and you'll find lots of houses to rent on different islands. Out islands are very friendly and I've been going once a year for 30 years and never had a problem. But then again I don't go to Nassau.

In the Bahamas we stay at the Wyndahm casino resort..It's very basic, but we love it... ( we also stay at the Atlantis and we are so sick of the Americanized stressful way over there) it's cheap and relaxing!!! If you go, be sure to visit the drink hut across the street...all drinks made with real fresh fruit!! Have Fun

Check out Wikipedia.com and type in Bahamas. Also, there is a lot of crime so be careful at night. And don't make the black people angry. e.g. if someone steps on your toe don't say "hey watch it!" most people are crazy and can get crazy on you. we have a lot of firearm problems right now. most bahamians can get angry at the drop of a hat. Just stay mostly within your hotel, and let a taxi take you where you want to go, b/c some foreign pals have told me about being held up and robbed at night. these people here are very materialsitic and will do virtually anything for $.

Source(s): In the Bahamas (Nassau)

NOTHING is free...recognize the good deals and take them. Dont frustrate yourself with getting everyone gifts...almost everywhere there is the same thing...maybe a little cheaper made or more expensive. The same thing everwhere...Dont take the "free braclets and hair braids"...also, it is much cheaper to take a cab with a bunch of people than 1-2. Stay with your cruises or hotels tours...live the experience there..enjoy yourself. I liked the horse ride in Nassau-they were pretty funny and it was a quick 15 min tour for $10. But pretty cool. Visit historic things like the library that use to be a jail in Nassau....try the Kalik beer, get a cuban, etc....if you like the Coach purses, get one...but dont let them rip you off....I told them I could get it cheaper at our flea market and they lowered it...walk away and turn your emotions off...they want to play you..."oh, honey, this is my only sale today..." and it may be true, but it catches you...dont bring back any eatable things and wood carvings, they are not allowed in the states. Take the tours, snorkling, city tour, try the food...enjoy yourself

Oh and Freeport-nothing to do...all demolished. Try doing swimming things and water fun there...no shopping.

Source(s): Went-may 07

You can learn about the culture and traditions Junkanoo such as different islands, tasty dishes, soca or rake and scrape music or souvenirs like straw bags.....

Ps I don not know where the responder Cherry got such foolishness from. Everywhere you go you will find crime...we are not killers or monster and certainly not materialistic... go and have fun and just beware of your surroundings

Source(s): A PROUD NASSAU MAMA!!!!

I was just there 7 months ago on a cruise. If you drink, go to the liquor stores! Alcohol is cheap there.

Just be careful walking on the streets in town, as myself and my mother were asked if we would like to buy some drugs by a local.

I think its the same as anywhere else you travel. Be careful, there are always people out there looking to take advantage of an unsuspecting stranger.

Source(s): ♣0920♣ A Bahamian

When someone walks up to you and gives you a free necklace tell them no thank you because its not free.