Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

would you let your teenager smoke marijuana occasionally?

no more than 2 times a month if you knew they were in a safe place.

Favorite Answer

lol at all of your answers. Marijuana has been scientifically proven not to kill brain cells, be addicting, or even be a gateway drug.

Stealing and smoking marijuana are 2 different things.

Stealing is taking anothers possesion, smoking weed is getting high. lol.

Its not even a drug first of all. It actually happens to be an herb.

Drugs are manmade.

Marijuana is a gift from god. lol

Tokin up is a rational substitute for alcohol. Most who toke it do it responsibly.

Everyone who is in rehab for weed is there because law enforcement forces them to go.

Seriously people. Do some research.

God damnit. this is why its illegal. because people are so uninformed about it. You people all believe into the governments BULLSHI......

I would, As long as they did good in school and wern't a lazy shmuck

If there doing ok in life, whats the harm with blazin once in a while

I've smoked everyday for the last 2 years and I feel fine

I have tried other drugs to but that was out of curosity, Not any kind of gate way ,I wanted to try LSD before I had anyidea what weed was

And whats with all you people complaing about addiction

If your pussie *** can't handle somekind of withdrawls off of anything (I'm not saying weed has any withdrawl symptons or anyhting, at least I never have had any) then don't take the ****** drugs

Save 'em for people who know what there doing

Thats one of the biggest problems,s ome people have no idea what there doing, over do it on there first time, and think from then on its like the devil

I've never had a bad experince with drugs

But yeah, I guess I'm sort of wandering from the main topic

I would probbaly watch them till they were 15

After that if I found out they were doing something we would just have a talk

I would want to make sure that what ever there using, be it weed, or any other one of the drugs out there, they were using them safley

Sept meth and crack

Them shits is crazy O.o

Source(s): The Emporer Wears no Clothes is a good book, it tells about the history of it, how it became illegal, what was going on before it happened I've done alot of research on Erowid.com to They have a nice archive I go there when ever I have a drug question

If they are safe, do there homework and are otherwise well behaved, sure.

A lot of morality police seem to be answering this question.

A lot of emotional arguments are being made. If you look at the science, it is not a "gateway drug", addictive or hazardous to the mind.

Is it good for you? The jury's still out on that one, but it's not as bad for you as tobacco or alcohol nor anywhere near as addictive. Most everyone that starts smoking tobacco as a teen stays addicted. Tobacco is proven to cause cancer and is among the most addictive drugs. Teenagers that drink alcohol are more likely to develop alcoholism later in life.

I wouldn't introduce a kid to marijuana but if a physically and mentally healthy 16+ year old wants to smoke it, I don't see a reason to object. Just make sure it's not done in excess.

Twice a month is fine.

No one has ever died of a marijuana overdose. Seriously, thousands of years of medical records, not one death. Animal tests show that it would require a ridiculously high amount (much larger than your head) to kill. Unless you're a kingpin, you'll never see that much.

It's safer than tobacco, alcohol or other drugs.

The most dangerous part is getting caught.

You take the risk of losing your kid to the state if caught.

Best bet would be to make sure the kid knows to say that the parents don't allow it if caught.

Twice a month in the home without other people there, you won't get caught.

Anyways, it's entirely up to the parents and I hope you know took something away from this.

Stay safe.

No children myself, but I do have 3 brothers who all use drugs and have since they were teenagers. The question I think you need to ask yourself is this: If you say no, will they do it anyway behind your back?

My poor parents tried so hard to stop/discourage the drug use, as for my 2 eldest brothers it escalated from marijuana to taking speed, ecstasty and so forth, to a point where they would take whetever they could get. One of my brothers still has an addiction, luckily the other 2 seem to have grown out of it a little.

Despite their attempts to stop my brothers doing it, they did it anyway. After a while my mum realised it doesn't matter what you say or do, and while she doesn't condone their drug use, she has accepted that they will continue to do it until they want to stop.

I asked my mum a few years ago why she doesn't get angry when they've taken drugs, and she told me that she thinks it's much better if the boys can be open and honest with her, and safer in that if there was ever any medical emergency she would be able to advise emergency services what drugs are likely to be involved.

I hope my mums experience helps you.

Source(s): My experience.

To the person above me I'm loving your answer and wtm4lyf. lol

Ok. To everyone who said weed is a 'gateway' drug is bullshit. If someone decides to do coke or e or anything else after they smoke weed then its THEIR choice.

And no, it doesn't RUIN lives unless you LET it ruin your life. I have been smoking for a while now and my grades in school are very good and there are no negative effects after I smoke. People even think that I quit a long time ago and that just proves it has no effect on how I act when I'm not high...

Anyway. It all depends on how my child will act when he/she is around 16. If I have a responsible child then I will allow him/her to smoke occasionally...

Oh. and weed isnt a 'drug' like the person above me said.

For the people who believe in god, just remember... If god didnt like weed, it wouldnt be here, now would it?

EDIT-They wont let me post again but to ranaju_ld smokin weed does not make you hallucinate. If it does, your shits laced. :P

And nice to see people from wtm are answering :)

Source(s): Common sence and erowid.org

Yes. I would. More then 2 times a month, though. I know for a fact that it would help them deal with stress and I know they wouldn't be depressed like most emoteenages now a days. I smoked in my adolesence and I was never depressed or down, once. Infact, I was excited to start the new day and experience the sweet, sweet effect of cheeba all over again.

Source(s): Reppin for WTM!

Actually, statistically alcohol is the number one gateway drug.

Caffeine being the most often abused, and causing 100% more fatal cases than marijuana since known existence, seeing as marijuana has never killed anyone.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20051017/pot-smok...

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20030701/h...

http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20060523/pot...

Do some of your own research on this subject. Both tobacco and alcohol have a much more addictive quality than marijuana, and overall the positives and negatives of all the substances would negate the overall differences in bodily damage done. They all have pro's and con's, like all things.

Realize that marijuana has been used for over 4,500 years, and it has been only within the last 70 years has it deemed "illegal" - Largely enacted by a man who was later the only man to be discharged from the role of POTUS. Then continually enforced by political bodies which can barely seem to manage money correctly or do more than fiddle their thumbs and react to situations.

So I'd say yes, let said child give it a try.

No man, I think you should let them smoke more often than only two times a month. Like go and toke up with every weekend. It'll make them forget all their worries.

Why is the government allowed to stop you doing something to your own body?

of course, iv smoked pot everyday for the last year straight and be for that but only occasionally. smoking pot doesn't make you addicted to other drugs. in fact alot of pot users only use pot because that is all they need. also it doesn't lead to lung cancer and in a scientific study that was on web MD it show the active ingredient in pot (THC) reduced the risk of lung cancer. also (and you can look this up) no one has ever o.d. on pot it is literally impossible you would have to smoke your own body weight in an hour. so 0 people have died from marijuana in its whole time on earth.

and be for your think well that's just personal use. if it was legalized it would bring gas prices down because pot is biodegradable and makes ethanol fuel. also it would save the forest by replacing paper made from trees with paper made from hemp it takes 100 years for trees to grow back it takes 3 months for pot to grow back. pot can be used in many other ways then smoking it to help our country.

p.s. pot is not physically addicting. a small amount of pot smokers get mentally addicted but its been shown that chocolate and coffee are more mentally addicting then pot.

Well considering marijuana is legal where I live, I probably wouldn't object if my teenager was REALLY only smoking it 2 or 3 times a month.

The problem with this is it can get to be a habit and increase pretty damn fast.

But let's just say I wouldn't condone my teenager smokin weed, but I wouldn't punish him if I knew about it. I would rather him feel like he didn't have to hide it from me, than to have him sneakin around to do it.