Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

What does this mean?

Ok well I already got the job I wanted.. but I had applied for this other job and had an interview and they called 2 of my references but never called me back about it. It was posted on a job website a couple of weeks ago and now they posted it again today. Even though it doesn't really matter.. I was just wondering if they weren't going to hire me anyway?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You were being considered for the job, that's why they checked your references.

• 1 decade ago

It's possible, but at the same time you won't know until you check it out. Did you do a follow up letter after your interview?

Do you have a contact person that you can check with?

That's what you need to do. I wouldn't just assume that just because you saw it posted that you didn't get it. Some companies are bad about updating their web sites. The other thing you should probably do for future situations is just touch base with the people that you used for references. Make sure that they are on the same page as you are.

In the meantime, I hope you are successful at the job you do end up at! :-)

• 1 decade ago

Most companies don't call applicants to tell them that they are not going to be hired. This is a standard practice. There are some companies however, who keep your application active then they call you even after a year or more to tell you that they have an opening for you. Then they go and ask you if you are still interested with that job. If you see a posting similar to what you applied for... it is either they still want to pool more candidates or that they are hiring more than one person for the job.

• Max
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Unless it is not okay to, I suggest you call the other place and ask for some feedback. You might get the answer to your question, or might not, but it is worth a go. You might learn some other things too about the job and organisation, how you went as a candidate for the future etc. and maybe other things that you didn't think you would. Good luck and congratulations on getting that other job you wanted.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You can always send a e-mail asking them if they were calling for interviews yet ...... you might get suprised!

If your curious.....ask.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Did you try to pretend accidental nudity

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ag87Q...

it works

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.