Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

help im crying.. serious advice!?

well on monday classes start and tomorrow i was gonna meet with some friends to watch a movie and since our houses are very far away, she toldme i could stay to sleep. last night i was really bored s i invited a friend over but it wasnt a big deal. totay i was talkin bout that with my mom and she toldme to tell my dad to take me there tomorrow but he was in a really bad mood so he said i couldnt stay to sleep and they cudnt pick me up cuz they were going to go out... i am soooo mad, ive planned it for bout a week and the only reason he gives me is that -ive had enough friend time- but UHH NOOOOO!! now i cant go and it was like the farewell to vacations party... what can i do to feel better? im crying...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

for one thing you could see the friends that live near you + do something together, go shopping, go for a pop + maybe something to eat. Order pizza for you + your family. Do a family thing together.

couldn't you catch a city bus to get there ?

Could be that your parents cant afford the gas to drive you + not telling you. Could explain his bad mood. And his reaction to you - if he's short of money - you asked him to spend more than he can afford at that time. That could also explain his answer to you, "You've had enough friend time". Ask him why he said no + be calm about it. Try to be understanding. You will be a parent one day + this is the time to develope your family communications. : ) all the best.

• Sue C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Do you feel maybe you could appeal to him how important this is to you & how long you've had it planned. Can't he just do this one thing for you out of the kindness of his heart. Tell him school is starting soon & it w/be all over. Or maybe could the girl's mother come U pick you Just maybe she might do that for you & her daughter? See what you can do tho.

Get your cry out & you'll feel much better. Unfortunately everything we have planned in life doesn't work out & we get sad over it. I'm sure there w/be times in the future things wlbe OK again. Just sorry he took his anger out on you tho. Hold hour head high don't let the best of him get to you,. You KNOW you'll feel bettter soon, Best of luck to you, things w/be better,

• 1 decade ago

Talk to your mom and tell her the benefits of you sleeping over. See if it can be arrange so that a friends parent will bring you home the next day, and that way your parents get a little alone time while you get to hang out with your friends.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): For more advice email us at Teentherapy08@gmail.com
  • Family
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You sound like you haven't been told "no" enough... quit crying over something so petty... I know you were planning this for a week, but, obviously you didn't make the plans with your parents first or else this wouldn't be happening...

You know... some people have REAL problems not "oh my God my daddy told me no, and now I gotta cry" BOO HOO baby

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ive felt the same its hard I suggest you call your friend talk to her and joke around have a little fun and later on sometime hang out hope everything works out much love chick

• Fauna
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Sweetie I know how you feel when you feel sad, my guinea pig is dying and I'm home alone and I feel so sad too. Think about tomorrow and next week and all this will be over and we will be doing different things.

• Kendi
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

stop crying for starters....

just call up your friend and talk to her over the phone, im sure she will cheer you up...

next time plan your "outings" a little bit more wisely this time, now you know how tight your dad is.

good luck

• 1 decade ago

Let this pass... get over it. Someday you might need the consideration of your parents for something more important to do.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

See if one of your friends will come get you, or if they're not old enough to drive, possibly one of their parents, I am sure they would do that for you. :)

-- Good luck! &* Don't cry!!

• 1 decade ago

try to bargin say youll double on chores offer to wash his car or give you allowece for gas....try to make a trade for him letting you go

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.