Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My left computer speaker doesn't work, do I have to replace it?

I noticed just recently that my left computer speaker doesn't emit any noise, only the right main one does. I checked my connections, my volume balance, but still can't get it to work. Is it bad wiring and I need new speakers?

Favorite Answer

It might have burned out, I'd suggest new speakers if you really want to have both of em working having 1 might be good enough.

The only othe thing I can tell you to do if your speakers don't unplug, is to cut each speaker wire and splice the right one over to the left side. If it works then you have a bad speaker. But I would see if you can get the left speaker apart and see if you have a wiring problem inside, You can't buy just one speaker so you will have to buy a set if you find out that the left speaker os gone.

Sincerely yours,

Fred M. Hunter

Can you swap the left and right speakers? If so, you can quickly determine if it is the speaker itself, or your sound card.

Swap it to the right hand side from time to time to gibe you left ear a break...lol

yo i got the same promblem but i dont no what to say but to use headphones if u want im probably gana do that

Source(s): me