Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Are you aware of the place of Jesus (saw) in Islam?

Is this new to you? Does it change anything you thought initially? How does it make you feel?

WHAT DO MUSLIMS THINK OF JESUS?

Muslims think highly of Jesus (Peace be upon him) and his worthy mother, Mary. The Quraan tells us that Jesus was born of a miraculous birth without a father. "Lo! The likeliness of Jesus with Allaah is the likeliness of Aadam. He created him of dust, and then he said unto him: Be and he is" (Quran 3,59). He was given many miracles as a Prophet. These include speaking soon after birth in defense of his mother's piety. God's other gift to him included healing the blind and the sick, reviving the dead, making a live bird out of clay and most importantly, the message he was carrying. These miracles were given to him by God to establish him as a Prophet. According to the Quraan, he was not crucified but raised bodily into Heaven. (Quraan, Chapter Maryam)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As a Muslim... this does not change anything i thought initially but only makes me thankful for the beauty and clarity in my faith. By some strange chance i ended up being raised Buddhist by my aunt but sent to sunday school by my grandmother. I was always fond of descriptions of Jesus but never understood the trinity. I feel so blessed to be a Muslim now and be able to appreciate Isa (as) while honoring him only as a prophet.

I am thankful to Allah for the perfection in my faith.

Peace and Blessings,

Sakina

• 1 decade ago

Hey, that IS pretty cool. I've never read the Quran, nor do I presume to know anything about it.

Christians also believe He was given many miracles, but as the Redeemer, not merely a prophet. But I'm sure you know that. I think it's cool that Muslims believe Jesus was raised in an earthly body, as do Christians.

• 1 decade ago

The holy Quran have described the true story of Jesus especially in Surah Al-Maryam.

• 1 decade ago

Are you aware the Quraan was written down about 300 years after the Bible, and about 600 years after Christ died and was resurrected?

Jesus was mentioned in the Quraan, because there were thousands of Christians living in the neighborhood, when Mohammad cobbled together an empire out of the different bands of nomads living in the region.

The Quarran got the story of Jesus half right, Christ was raised bodily into heaven AFTER he was killed and resurrected. The Quarran version reflects the Gnostic view of Christ -- an example of the "Cobbling together" of different views when the Quarran was written.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hmmmmm I wonder what the Jews think of Jesus and Mary.

• It changes nothing of my belief in Islam but simply adding more beauty in it..

It makes me feel proud to be a Muslim, one who submits to the Will of Allah..

How proud I am for having Islam as my religion, the Qur'an as my guidance..

May Allah guide us all..

• 1 decade ago

Some don't take the time to find out

Some think that it is a scam

while others are in denial.

Sorry to tell you sister but this is not going to do any good. I have seen you post things like this for a long time but so far nothing has changed. it never does!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes i knew all this

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.